Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: help me slowplay

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you played that terrible. Make about a 2.5xbb raise on flop. Bet small on turn. You have to suck this guy in, and make him feel with your small bets, he probably has to call, or induce him to raise on a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

FPS overthinking psychobabble nonsense. This is an extremely coordinated board and even the fishiest can see that. Your opponents are not bluffing with air or attacking weakness on this board nearly as often as they are calling down with weak flushes and straights.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:18 PM

Your line here is nothing short of horrendous. The smooth call flop and check behind on turn line makes it seem like you're learning the game from 2003 Moneymaker ESPN repeats. This line does nothing except announce that you have a huge hand when you reach the river. Furthermore, the shove is ridiculous. You are giving low flushes, sets, and one card straights considerably too easy folds.

Raise the flop, bet the turn, and then make an appropriate river bet of 1/2 to 3/4 pot depending on pot size and how many opponents you have left.

You raise the flop for equity reasons - to build a pot against flopped lower flushes, sets, and hands like AdKc, etc. Turn, same thing. It also serves to disguise your hand, as bad players will put you on nowhere near the nuts if you raise the flop.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:26 PM

Nothing wrong with calling on the flop but you HAVE TO bet something on the turn.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:53 PM

I wonder how many of these people saying to raise the flop actually would have themselves. I think calling flop is fine. But definitely bet turn instead of killing the opportunity to gain any value on an entire street
Old 08-19-2007, 03:56 PM

I would raise the flop. If someone has a pair and a FD they may find it difficult to fold and you want to build a big pot here
Old 08-19-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your line here is nothing short of horrendous. The smooth call flop and check behind on turn line makes it seem like you're learning the game from 2003 Moneymaker ESPN repeats. This line does nothing except announce that you have a huge hand when you reach the river. Furthermore, the shove is ridiculous. You are giving low flushes, sets, and one card straights considerably too easy folds.

Raise the flop, bet the turn, and then make an appropriate river bet of 1/2 to 3/4 pot depending on pot size and how many opponents you have left.

You raise the flop for equity reasons - to build a pot against flopped lower flushes, sets, and hands like AdKc, etc. Turn, same thing. It also serves to disguise your hand, as bad players will put you on nowhere near the nuts if you raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post Adam but i think flat-calling the flop is fine too. Ez bet on the turn and raise the river $130 or something.