Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Laundry

I live in an apartment suite which has a shared laundry facility in the basement. The other day I went down to transfer several loads from the washer to the dryer, but all the dryers had stuff in them (which had finished drying and was just sitting there). Am I justified in taking somebody else's clothes and putting them on a nearby table in order to expedite my laundry process?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Laundry

This is an age-old question that only the wisest can answer. You will find the Oracle in the Dark Forest.

In the meantime, I will entertain you with a story. In college, I was late on my laundry retrieval, so someone took all of my clothes and stuffed them into one of my undershirts. It was actually quite easy for me to transport my new laundry scarecrow back to my room.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:02 AM

I think you are justified, and it seems standard for university students (or similar groups/ages) - but if you are a male and are caught handling a woman's "intimates" you may get into trouble, irrational as it is.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:13 AM

If there's a clean table, then sure go ahead and take the stuff out and put in on a table, no problem.

If there's no table, wait 10 minutes, then you are allowed to take the stuff out and put it on the floor or on top of a machine or whatever you can find. However if you do this, feces may be put in with your clothes so you should hang out by the machines to guard them.

Also : if you leave your clothes in a drier a few minutes too late and someone has taken them out and put them on the floor, then you are allowed to put anything you want into their load of clothes. Breaking a pen works really well.

These are the rules.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:20 AM

When I was in school this sort of thing made me irate. I can understand if I was leaving clothes in the washer or dryer for hours at a time, but people would get my stuff out while it was still damp or just getting done being washed.

Towards the end of school someone took my clothes out of a dryer (still pretty wet) and threw them on a washing machine. Naturally, I had had a bad day. I went back upstairs and got a Nestle Crunch bar out of my room and threw it in with their drying laundry.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:26 AM

I take other peoples' clothes out as soon as they're done if I need to use the machine. I don't see why people get so butt-hurt about this. I'm not getting my rocks off by handling your undies. They're just clothes. Objectively, there's no downside for anyone and there's an upside for the next person using the machine. If you have a problem with this, you should live somewhere with a private washer/dryer. Otherwise, STFU and deal with it.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:31 AM

I think we can all agree the real question is whether you fold it or not.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:24 AM

go ahead and take them out. They knew when the machine was going to end. if they didn't get down there ahead of time, that is their own fault.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:57 AM

I forgot a load once, and when I returned to the laundry room, someone had neatly folded all of my clothes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we can all agree the real question is whether you fold it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can barely fold my own clothes

edit: meaning not that i am barely capable of the act of folding, but that my clean clothes currently reside in the same laundry baskets i put them in after taking them out of the dryer two days ago.