Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Golf prop bets - please list good ones!

[ QUOTE ]
I would be willing to bet up to 500k that if given 10 tries, I could hit a 600+ yard drive on a fairly flat surface, maybe a few hills but nothing drastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I pick the surface?
Old 07-31-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be willing to bet up to 500k that if given 10 tries, I could hit a 600+ yard drive on a fairly flat surface, maybe a few hills but nothing drastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-31-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking
Old 08-03-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL at people who don't realize what Rainey wrote is an obvious level/jab at black knight (sorry to ruin the fun)

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasnt a jab, he was just trying to set up a prop bet
Old 08-03-2007, 05:59 PM

This isn't a prop bet but is along the lines of sport and competition... and humiliation of your fellow golfer 8-)

My college buddies and I play with the standing rule that if you fail to hit your tee shot past the ladies tees, you play the rest of the hole with your weiner hanging out. Alternative: nuts.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:30 PM

100mph tailwind too?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a prop bet but is along the lines of sport and competition... and humiliation of your fellow golfer 8-)

My college buddies and I play with the standing rule that if you fail to hit your tee shot past the ladies tees, you play the rest of the hole with your weiner hanging out. Alternative: nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is the long-established "Drop Trou" (as in trousers) rule. Basically, to prove you're still a man :P
Old 08-03-2007, 11:51 PM

i have had a couple good ones with my friends. I'm a scratch and they shoot in the high 90's 100's. First was i use drive 7iron and putter for whole round...obviouslly way to easy as i shot 76. Moving on with of my friends he would be allowed to drop the ball at the 150 and i had to tee up from the rough behind the back tee box...again to easy 74 to 90 he was surprised he did not do a lot better. Again he thinks he has a good bet but im sure i will demolish him yet again. He wants me to drop the ball on the green...anywhere i want on the green and i drop from the 150 marker and play in.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:38 AM

I think you have the edge if you're good from that distance: i.e. you'll never make 4, and you'll make 2 at least 6 times a round.

On the 7i + Putter, my course has an annual tourney called the Tombstone where you get 2 clubs and Par + handicap, and whoever gets the furthest with those strokes wins. Usually the winner plays all 18 and finishes somewhere on 3. My dad's a 18 and usually gets to #1 or 2 the 2nd time through...I've never tried it though. I think it goes to show how higher handicappers (most people who go quite far are >10 caps) would do better with just 4-5 clubs for the whole course.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have the edge if you're good from that distance: i.e. you'll never make 4, and you'll make 2 at least 6 times a round.

On the 7i + Putter, my course has an annual tourney called the Tombstone where you get 2 clubs and Par + handicap, and whoever gets the furthest with those strokes wins. Usually the winner plays all 18 and finishes somewhere on 3. My dad's a 18 and usually gets to #1 or 2 the 2nd time through...I've never tried it though. I think it goes to show how higher handicappers (most people who go quite far are >10 caps) would do better with just 4-5 clubs for the whole course.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a great idea for a wednesday afternoon tournament for a club to host to get more volume on the course during the week.