Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

Yeah, Ryan Miller is a bad goalie because he's proud of his brother.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, whoever said the Sens will be lucky to win 2 games hasn't been watching the Sens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever said this didn't read my post. I've watched almost every game they've played from the second round on. I gave what I thought were valid reasons why I made that statement. I'll rehash them. The Senators are a good team that play in an inferior conference, their competition is not as tough, thus they appear to be a much better team than they are. I think they'll win one game and to win a second game would have to be by luck, such as a fluke goal or an overtime win. I would consider a majority of overtime wins to be a matter of luck.

Another problem I have with the Sens is I just don't think of Bryan Murray as a great coach. I mean he's been successful by most standards but I just don't think he'll ever have his name on the Cup as a head coach.

Amongst some of his deficencies are he that he is terrible at line matching. This is nothing new. He's had this problem since his days in Washington (at least then you could chalk it up to inexperience). I'm not sure if he is bad at recognizing bad matchups or if he is just stubborn.

He also has this mentality where you put your three best players on one line. It's like he's coaching a squirt house team. I could see playing two of these guys together but I think its a mistake to put all your offensive eggs in one basket. But at this point there is no way he's breaking up Alfredsson, Spezza, and Heatly. So if the Ducks continue to shut them down or even better yet force that line to play defense against their checking line as they did in game one, the Sens don't stand a chance.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Ryan Miller is a bad goalie because he's proud of his brother that deserved to be on the ice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv Ryan Miller wasn't worthy. Drew Miller is GOD
Old 05-30-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, whoever said the Sens will be lucky to win 2 games hasn't been watching the Sens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever said this didn't read my post. I've watched almost every game they've played from the second round on. I gave what I thought were valid reasons why I made that statement. I'll rehash them. The Senators are a good team that play in an inferior conference, their competition is not as tough, thus they appear to be a much better team than they are. I think they'll win one game and to win a second game would have to be by luck, such as a fluke goal or an overtime win. I would consider a majority of overtime wins to be a matter of luck.

Another problem I have with the Sens is I just don't think of Bryan Murray as a great coach. I mean he's been successful by most standards but I just don't think he'll ever have his name on the Cup as a head coach.

Amongst some of his deficencies are he that he is terrible at line matching. This is nothing new. He's had this problem since his days in Washington (at least then you could chalk it up to inexperience). I'm not sure if he is bad at recognizing bad matchups or if he is just stubborn.

He also has this mentality where you put your three best players on one line. It's like he's coaching a squirt house team. I could see playing two of these guys together but I think its a mistake to put all your offensive eggs in one basket. But at this point there is no way he's breaking up Alfredsson, Spezza, and Heatly. So if the Ducks continue to shut them down or even better yet force that line to play defense against their checking line as they did in game one, the Sens don't stand a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i just don't see it. putting the three stars on one line is the only thing that makes sense for ottawa - they have scoring depth around the lineup but no one else with the offensive acumen to play with either of those guys. Had they marooned a decent offensive player on the 2nd line, then moving one guy down would make sense - not so.

It's also a nice change for you to say that an overtime game win is a matter of luck. While I might agree, given the absurd minutes Anaheim gives to their defensemen, an overtime may very well not be lucky.

And Anaheim's just not that great. They're solid in all areas but I don't see them having the capability to dominate a game in any facet the way Spezza/Alfredsson/Heatley can.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:43 PM

Holy [censored]!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] yeah!

They shut that goddamned superstar line down and gave them all a minus. In duh face
Old 05-30-2007, 11:03 PM

Some great hockey being played by the Ducks, anyone who isn't watching these finals is missing out.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And Anaheim's just not that great. They're solid in all areas but I don't see them having the capability to dominate a game in any facet the way Spezza/Alfredsson/Heatley can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Complete domination tonight. I think if Kunitz wasn't out, the first line wouldn't be sucking so bad and the Duck's offense would be scoring more. Still, offensively and defensively they carried this game from beginning to end.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Complete domination tonight. I think if Kunitz wasn't out, the first line wouldn't be sucking so bad and the Duck's offense would be scoring more. Still, offensively and defensively they carried this game from beginning to end.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone underestimating the Ducks? I don't get it.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:04 AM

Yeah anyone who watched the West this year knows that it's simply a much much stronger Conference than the East. Only BUF, OTT, and NJD would be capable of making the playoffs in the West.