Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 07:31 PM

Default Laundromat Feedback

Does anyone here have direct experience in the ownership/operation of a laundromat?

Any feedback would be much appreciated, but I am most interested in estimates of employee theft, ways to prevent theft, repair estimates for machines, company/service used for repairs, and any utilization estimates.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Laundromat Feedback

I never understood the idea behind employee theft. First of all, with the nicer washer\dryers these days wouldn't you be able to possibly count how often each machine is used, and thus the money that should be inside it? Or, alternatively, you could just empty the machines of money yourself every few days?..

there was a thread about this around when this forum opened if you wanna go back
Old 10-14-2006, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Laundromat Feedback

Thanks for the reply. I checked the previous thread, but there wasn't much feedback from people with actual experience.

As far as the newer machines, my current quotes have them costing 50-60% more than standard models without the same features. Having to retrieve the change daily myself would eliminate the whole purpose of buying the laundromat (i.e. I'd rather get a 6% return than have to do that every day).