Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: West Virginia
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 1 4.00%
7 1 4.00%
8 4 16.00%
9 10 40.00%
10 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for October!

You know what I've noticed about most TAGs? They're lazy. They play predictable, lazy, straight forward poker. It's those 26/15/2 guys. You can tell they have at least read a bit about poker, but they still mostly think about their own hands. You know what Ed said about not being able to trust information in poker? These guys are the exception. People like to have systems and that's that these guys have. It takes maybe 50 hands before you can basically call their hands before the river in every pot.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what I've noticed about most TAGs? They're lazy. They play predictable, lazy, straight forward poker. It's those 26/15/2 guys. You can tell they have at least read a bit about poker, but they still mostly think about their own hands. You know what Ed said about not being able to trust information in poker? These guys are the exception. People like to have systems and that's that these guys have. It takes maybe 50 hands before you can basically call their hands before the river in every pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why, but posts like these always make me laugh

Whats everyones obsession with knocking these guys? Who cares? Even if they are predictable, I'd still much rather find a table that isn't saturated with them. Plus, we're all probably guilty of paying these guys off in hopeless situations just so we can come whine on an internet forum about how bad we run against the cookie cutter luckboxes
Old 10-03-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why, but posts like these always make me laugh

Whats everyones obsession with knocking these guys? Who cares? Even if they are predictable, I'd still much rather find a table that isn't saturated with them. Plus, we're all probably guilty of paying these guys off in hopeless situations just so we can come whine on an internet forum about how bad we run against the cookie cutter luckboxes

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't a whine post. Why would you pay these guys off? The thing that makes me laugh is how much I have spewed against these guys in the past when they are basically set up to let me play perfect poker.

Edit: FMP -
Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 PM

I will not go on monkey tilt playing morons heads up

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) yourface is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">yourface raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises</font>, BB calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, yourface calls.

Results:
Final pot: 9.5BB
<font color="#ffffff">BB shows 4D 5H </font>
<font color="#ffffff">yourface shows 6C KC </font>

ASLFASJKFHKSAJLHFLKSAJHfksjafhla diediediediedie
Old 10-03-2007, 06:26 PM

argh I screwed up again today and played a solid HU regular @ 10/20 for 3.5 hours..

Most insane 10/20 swing ive ever experienced.
I dropped -2700$, almost my entire roll on pokeroom within the first 250 hands or so.. (my w@SD% was 39).. And was getting outplayed on top of it.
I was tilting towards the last 500, but he was reading my play really really well.

Next 250 hands, I boomswitched and won 2000$ before he quit.. I made a lot of solid adjustments so I was also playing much better (noticed tendencies that he was exploiting me with, and he didnt re-readjust).

He was hand reading better than me through most of it, but my relentless attacking gave me a slight edge too.

I think throughout the course of the match I was outplayed.. But I know if we played another 5-6 hours I would have gained the edge.

Had a 6-max hand today that id put in my top 50 favorite online hands:
Partially cause I busted two people in the process.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $15/$30
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $41</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (13.1BB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 13.1BB)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $3</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13.3BB
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed Ts 9c</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Button showed Ah Th </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed 4h 6h</font>
Old 10-03-2007, 06:31 PM

Nice suckout, fish.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice suckout, fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, I had a gutshot too! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I just got an idea for a horror movie today, based on a previous conversation we had and my day today.

A 20 year old kid has to play a 1000BB limit hold em freeze out against a clone of himself and win, or he goes broke/family murdered etc..

After going on a 400BB downswing after almost winning, his brain explodes ala scanners.. The end.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:44 PM

That's kind of like Zelda 2 when you fight your shadow at the end. that [censored] is hard
Old 10-03-2007, 06:56 PM

Jesus.

Of course he instaleaves after taking this pot.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Th 6h (straight, ten high).
MP has Kc 8d (full house, eights full of sevens).
Outcome: MP wins 17.25 BB. </font>

2 hands later:

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 8c Qd (two pair, queens and eights).
Hero has Ah Qh (one pair, queens).
Outcome: SB wins 10 BB. </font>

I feel a tilt/spew session coming on.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 PM

NL tilts me so [censored] much it makes me do retarded [censored] like this. 100% sure he had KT and just shoved because he knows I never have a goddamn thing IJSPTF

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $54.95
CO: $50
Button: $47.95
Hero: $91.50
BB: $239.75

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $28</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $238.25</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $210.25 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $59
Closed Thread