Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Are any of my RBs going to be starters?

Keeper league, RB position has been a mess for awhile. Need two starters. Thought at least two of these guys would get starting jobs somewhere:

BETTS,LADELL
BROWN,CHRIS
DAVIS,DOMANICK
JONES-DREW,MAURICE
NORWOOD,JERIOUS
ROBINSON,MICHAEL
THOMAS,ANTHONY
TURNER,MICHAEL

Turner has to go somewhere, doesn't he? He'd rush for 1200 yards for Tennessee, for example.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Are any of my RBs going to be starters?

MJD has value.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keeper league, RB position has been a mess for awhile. Need two starters. Thought at least two of these guys would get starting jobs somewhere:

BETTS,LADELL
BROWN,CHRIS
DAVIS,DOMANICK
JONES-DREW,MAURICE
NORWOOD,JERIOUS
ROBINSON,MICHAEL
THOMAS,ANTHONY
TURNER,MICHAEL

Turner has to go somewhere, doesn't he? He'd rush for 1200 yards for Tennessee, for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Turner was going nowhere. Did you see what SD put as a block. They required a third and first round pick for his services.

MJD is a lock. I honestly don't like anyone else on your list. Betts has starter ability but they will play Portis over him. Michael Robinson will only get a shot if Gore gets hurt. Not even sure where DD went but he is injury prone. A-Train will probally split time this year with Lynch. Norwood will get minimal minutes again and where did Chris Brown go?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:23 AM

They aren't actually going to require a 1st and 3rd rounder for him. They just signed him to the highest RFA tender they could so that they would have control over whether or not he was with another team next year... since obviously no one would sign him away for a 1st and 3rd.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They aren't actually going to require a 1st and 3rd rounder for him. They just signed him to the highest RFA tender they could so that they would have control over whether or not he was with another team next year... since obviously no one would sign him away for a 1st and 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that. I'm just saying they pulled a block on the rest of the teams in the league. No team would be that stupid to pull a trade for him.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MJD has value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even more so this year with the addition of Tony Parosh and Greg Jones coming back healthy. I also feel like the passing game should be more effective this year than last year. MoJo could become a premier back this year. He will be splitting carries again in a very crowded backfield(MJD, Fred Taylor, Alvin Pearmen, Labrandon Toefield, Greg Jones) but he should see 10-12 a game.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that. I'm just saying they pulled a block on the rest of the teams in the league. No team would be that stupid to pull a trade for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that they can work out a trade for less than the 1st and 3rd, right?
Old 04-30-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that they can work out a trade for less than the 1st and 3rd, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but that was his RFA "value." Do you still think they are going to do it? TN drafted another 2nd rounder at RB. I can see where he could play and I guess they can still move it but I doubt it more and more as the weeks go by.