Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 06:44 PM

Default My analyses of Pocketfives top Players : Cashing in the Dough Part 1

First we’ll start of with perhaps one of the most popular players Annette_15:
Everyone and there mother knows who she is. And she is one of the best payers out there. If you have the pokerdb or officialpokerrankings.com you will see the following (this is only from pokerstars website):

1. First of, you will see that the majority of her big wins (plus $10,000) came from pokerstars $100 rebuys: With 16 out of 28 being pokerstars 100 rebuy . ( I rounded out 2 big wins). With fields that averaged about 200-250 players.
The other big wins are from 2 200 rebuys (fields of 150 avg.), 1 nightley 150 win (big field 1026), and 5 50 rebuys (avg field of 270) . and biggest the Wcoop 2600 event which she admitted was not played by her towards the end for (163,000$) with field of 2510 players

2. The other big scores ($9,000- 3000) with about 18 of 30 being from the 100 rebuy (fields with about 180) the other scores are from a mix of games 5o, 20, 320 buy in etc.

So all her major wins comes from these rather “small” tournaments in the 100 rebuy with fileds avg. about 180-250 players. People are always wondering about these bigger Sunday tournaments with Huge fields, which are obv very difficult to get into the final tables, but if you look at Annette and other well know players (I’ll be posting there analyses soon) a lot of there big wins comes from these rather small tournaments. Almost seems like they avg sometimes “like” the 180 man sit n go’s on pokerstars.

NOW, the Incredible and amazing FACT about this is that, although they are smaller fields THESE pokerstars 100 rebuys are played by the BEST online poker players in the WORLD and the TOP TOP pros around. The crème d la crème you could say. These are the toughest tournaments around, with very few donks and star players. This is not you typical “180” $10 sit n go’s. Not only are they small fields but the fact that there is rebuys and a lot of these players have deep bankrolls makes for big stacks and big M’s, which means more play and more time to out play and out last your opponents. The Fact that Annette has done this at the pace she does, is what makes it amazing. Beating up on these PRO LIKE fields is NO easy task. However she has won in big fields before, but not at the pace of these smaller ones.

I think she once won 3 100 rebuys in one month I think. Kinda makes you want to play these small 100 rebuy “sit n go” player fields. But you need a roll and the SKILL if you are going to profit in the long run. Truly a test of poker greatness.

Gl at the rebuyS !!! Now all I need is a Bank roll for these……
Old 11-05-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: My analyses of Pocketfives top Players : Cashing in the Dough Part 1

Brilliant.

NM: I figured it out. Annette has made a proxy account to get a bunch of under-rolled micro stakes players to play 109r's so she (and others who play it regularly) can make more money b/c the field is so damn tough.