Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: 10/25 NL live did I play AA right?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
u dont need to rep a bluff, hes calling with king anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it isn't so important here, but if he has KQ then I do need to make him think I am bluffing. Seems pretty clear that there is no hand worse than KQ that I would bet for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the diff. if he has AK or KQ?
Your hand is NOT a bluff...if anything its decent value bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously my bet is for value. My point was just that I need him to think that I could be bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

All kidding aside ,so if you want him to "think" you are bluffing and he shoves the river.......I assume you then auto call?

I am not understanding what you are trying to accomplish here, with your thought process?

Why not just insta-shove yourself instead of betting $800,if you want the same outcome of him thinking you are bluffing?

Wouldnt he be MORE inclined to call then,compared to just betting,or are you trying to induce him to raise/shove the river after your bet?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to be more clear with the reasoning. When he checks the river, he most likely has a K, but there is a small chance that he is somehow beating me. Both him and I know that if I value bet this river, then I must have AK or better. So if any bet will look to him like a value bet, then I may not want to bet because I could only get called by the few better hands he may have (with the exception of AK which would be calling to split). So it is important that my range includes at least some hands that I would bet as a bluff, in order for me to bet. Luckily, 56 and 66 are in my range and I would bluff about 850 with those, so I can go ahead and bet the 850. Let me know if you see a flaw in this logic.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll try to be more clear with the reasoning. When he checks the river, he most likely has a K, but there is a small chance that he is somehow beating me. Both him and I know that if I value bet this river, then I must have AK or better. So if any bet will look to him like a value bet, then I may not want to bet because I could only get called by the few better hands he may have (with the exception of AK which would be calling to split). So it is important that my range includes at least some hands that I would bet as a bluff, in order for me to bet. Luckily, 56 and 66 are in my range and I would bluff about 850 with those, so I can go ahead and bet the 850. Let me know if you see a flaw in this logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really think there's zero chance he's calling you with a worse hand, then you've answered your own question already:

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a careful player who thinks, but doesn't seem to be super strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's really a careful player and not super strong, then he'll fold his KQ to your bet. But, given that this player is not strong, and won't come back over your AA with a bluff, then I think it's a mistake not to make the value bet. AK calls, 2 pair hands are unlikely given your assessment of the player and your assessment of his assessment of you, and sets probably come back over your bet, giving you an easy fold because, again, he's "not strong."
Old 10-29-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really think there's zero chance he's calling you with a worse hand, then you've answered your own question already:

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a careful player who thinks, but doesn't seem to be super strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's really a careful player and not super strong, then he'll fold his KQ to your bet. But, given that this player is not strong, and won't come back over your AA with a bluff, then I think it's a mistake not to make the value bet. AK calls, 2 pair hands are unlikely given your assessment of the player and your assessment of his assessment of you, and sets probably come back over your bet, giving you an easy fold because, again, he's "not strong."

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case he definitely can call with a worse hand and I definitely should bet. I just wanted to lay out the reasoning that led me to this conclusion.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:02 PM

mrstinky,

your including of you need to rep a bluff is silly. ANy time anyone bets for value they need to be able to rep a bluff or the opponent could fold every single time. PPL are confused because it is so standard and obvious that its silly you wrote about it.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mrstinky,

your including of you need to rep a bluff is silly. ANy time anyone bets for value they need to be able to rep a bluff or the opponent could fold every single time. PPL are confused because it is so standard and obvious that its silly you wrote about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But this isn't true. If the villain thinks he can beat some value bets, then you can value bet without representing a bluff. I agree though that there is nothing deep here and it is all pretty basic stuff. Just wanted to double check that I played the hand OK.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:02 PM

just give us the results!!!!!! come on!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just give us the results!!!!!! come on!

[/ QUOTE ]

He called and I showed my cards and he mucked his hand.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:22 PM

I think the range you give him on the flop is way too tight. I'd be tempted to raise/fold the turn here. River is the easiest bet ever, and I'd make it a bit bigger like $1000.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:24 AM

tough hand.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:18 AM

lol you bet this everytime.