Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 04:25 AM

Default TPTK. Easy PUSSSSSHHHHHHHH?

Villain runs @ 34/16/4.25
I haven't seen him check raise much

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($145.10)
UTG ($421.15)
MP ($380.55)
Hero ($400)
SB ($428)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $16.

Flop: ($46) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $48</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $84</font>, Hero ?
Old 05-03-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: TPTK. Easy PUSSSSSHHHHHHHH?

i dont like this spot, he has 77 a lot
Old 05-03-2007, 04:37 AM

I personally don't like to push with TPTK. Since I shifted from FR to 6M, it was definitely a -EV move @ FR. However, some 6M players claims that you have to push sometimes in a draw heavy board so you don't get pushed around by the players who over plays their draws (Also they can get paid off with monsters). Thoughts?
Old 05-03-2007, 04:52 AM

Did he insta min-reraise?
How often did he open limp?
Have you been rasing alot when he's been limping?

He could have anything really, draw, AA, K7,77.
with the info you have given us I'm leaning towards a fold, folding in this spot is not bad.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:00 AM

It's funny how such "aggressive" villains often limp smaller PPs. I personally think you're screwed...

If you push, what hands will you get calls from? Something like QT of spades which is a flip maybe, or hands that beat you. You have position and you're getting over 3-to-1, maybe just call and see what happens on turn. He seems like a guy who doesn't bet too strong so you might be able to show it down cheaply after that.

... or catch them running spades! But I don't particularly like a push here, no.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:05 AM

against an unknown donk this doesn't have to be raise or fold. i just call here there's still plenty behind and a lot can happen. many turns can freeze him up.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
against an unknown donk this doesn't have to be raise or fold. i just call here there's still plenty behind and a lot can happen. many turns can freeze him up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 AM

His raise is mostly from button, which means he did limp a high % of time in other positions. I have been raising him OTB for a few times. That was the first time he C/R me (Not very long for this session when this hand happened thought). If we called, turn dropped a Qh. He checked to us, what's the best play here?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:48 AM

So wait, he didn't actually c/r you, right? He bet small then reraised? I like call as well.

Turn is pretty weird. My first impulse was to check behind and try to show the hand down, but I really think this is not a trap and the guy actually hates his hand. Pot 214 and effective stacks 276 right? It's hard to imagine an aggro guy like this checking two pair or a set here, its pretty dangerous, and he can't have a straight. I think this is the green light we were looking for on the flop and I'd just move in here. I want to fold out a hand like KT.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:43 PM

Yeah good call. I forgot that he bet small first (Thought he C/R me). Was it possibly a combo draw? I was kinda lost on the flop. To push on a non spade turn when he check to was the best play probably?