Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Have you had your wisdom teeth out yet?

Just wondering ? I've had mine in a bit longer than I should have... about a year lol goin to get mine out next week but i am Poo Say when It comes to the dentist... he is the devil. anyone post about your wisdom teeth removal trip.... was it painful after/before ... did they put you to sleep etc. ?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Have you had your wisdom teeth out yet?

Still have mine. I'm 33. Dentist said they should come out before the grow in when I was 17. I said no. Glad I did.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still have mine. I'm 33. Dentist said they should come out before the grow in when I was 17. I said no. Glad I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

do yo have straight teeth?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do yo have straight teeth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not perfect, but not Austin Powers either.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 AM

MY teeth are perfectly straight and about once per six months my teeth kill me which i assume is due to them moving in. They still have not moved anything as far as i can tell, and its actually been a bit longer then six months since the last pain attack so hopefully thats over.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:17 PM

Wow - of all times for this thread to come up ! I just had my last one out this past Thursday and it was HELL !!!

Let me just say - for all you YOUNG guys - GET THEM OUT NOW !!!

I'm 36, and mine also never bothered me and the dentist always said it was 'up to me' to get them out, and since they never bothered me, I never did.

Well, I had cavities that were filled in every one of them, but still, they never bothered me - until I was around 31 ... 2 of them cracked on me and the fillings broke as well, they were exposed and I had to get em out. Well, the 2 I got out around 4 years ago were rather easy - they were already erupted and not impacted, so they pulled them - and I did NOT go to sleep for it. Experienced some pain, but it was rather easy to deal with and I got them out within 2 months of each other.

Last Thursday however, was another story. I broke this one (bottom left) around 2 months ago, called the oral surgeon who did my other 2 and was about to go in. But, it didn't hurt, so I waited. Well, dumb mistake. Around 2 weeks ago, it really started bothering me and it was apparent I was causing more decay. *Someone posted earlier about your teeth decaying/rotting when you get older -- LISTEN TO HIM!*

So, I go to get it out the other day, and since it's cracked, they have a really hard time removing it - certainly NOT like last time. This was NOT the cakewalk the other 2 were. They pulled out this jackhammer looking thing and had to remove some of the bone to get the damn thing out - 35 minutes in the chair, AWAKE, for one tooth - it was the worst pain I have ever experienced !!! Got a script for Vicodin, but can't take it because I have stomach problems so I've been poppin Advil like crazy since Thursday. They also gave me an antiobiotic to prevent infection, since they had to do so much 'work' to get it out. Swelling was unbelievable as I looked like Brando in 'The Godfather' and I'm still kinda messed up today.

Be careful what you eat and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS so you do not get dry sockets.

Moral of the story - get em done while you're young - even if they're NOT bothering you !!!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MY teeth are perfectly straight and about once per six months my teeth kill me which i assume is due to them moving in. They still have not moved anything as far as i can tell, and its actually been a bit longer then six months since the last pain attack so hopefully thats over.

[/ QUOTE ]

All my wisdom teeth have surfaced and are coming in correctly, but the problem is overcrowding.

The pain you experienced is a combination of infection along with your wisdoms trying to surface. I thought that I'd have no more problems after they broke thru, man was I completely wrong. It just got worse.

When your wisdom teeth fully surface, it means there's more chances for those teeth to cut thru gum/cheek/skin. I bite my cheeks more these days than I ever did because of those bastards. Anytime you bite into you cheeks, there's a good possibilty an infection will start (so much bacteria in your mouth obv).

I honestly wish I had gotten them removed when I was younger.

BTW, the last few days an infection started in my left cheek. You know when you bite your cheek the first time, and you repeatedly do it for the next couple days??? That's whats going on and this thing lasts weeks if you don't have any antibiotics on hand. Really crappy situation to be in when you're about to go on vacation.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have mine in, which should be coming out in the spring of next year (I'm holding off as long as I can). But the hell I've gone thru with these badboys still in is indescribable. I get constant infections from the points of the upper back molars create sores thru the gum right above a wisdom tooth. Just recently I went to my Dentist who shaved back one of the points that was causing most of the sores and haven't had an infection since *knock on wood*.

I compare the infection pain to labor pains... Except that whenever you swallow, move your tongue, talk, anything that involves your mouth is extremely painful. Labor pains, went away for a couple mins atleast (and then obv, they drug you, but that's besides the point). This last bout of pain was the worst I'd ever experienced. I even had leftover antibiotics to combat it when I first felt it spring up, but MY GOD!!! I really wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. I couldn't talk, and I lost over 5 lbs that week cuz I couldn't eat.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea have fun when you're 40 and all of them start to rot. Seriously, did you study up on this at all?

Wisdom teeth are extremely hard to clean compared to other teeth, can often become impacted (not even going to go into it but this is very, very bad) and most commonly just mess up your other teeth because they come in/move and make all of your teeth crooked.

None of mine were impacted but when i was 18 they started to move a bit and were starting to make my bottom row crooked. And the fact that very serious problems can arise from not getting them removed later in life, even if they never become impacted, i got them removed. Went out instantly, woke up, felt kinda high, went home, was back to normal a couple days later. The only thing that sucked was getting food stuck in the holes, just get one of those small syringes you can suck up water and spray it into the holes to clean them and it's fine.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:12 PM

PHM- Oh man, I am right in your spot. I have needed to get mine out for about two years now but I keep telling my dentist I don't have time, he is getting bitchier and bitchier at me.

My top are all the way in and fine. The bottom are sideways and he said aren't shifting my teeth but eventually could, might as well get them out now. He said he needs to take out all 4 b/c the top would be biting on gum instead of tooth and wouldn't serve a function if I had only the bottom removed so while I am under they would go ahead and remove all 4.

I dunno, I am so apprehensive about it. I am so good about most things, I have had some crazy and painful things done to me but I just flat-out hate the dentist. Ugh.