Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

i got the wii version last night. it's my first time really playing the game (i've played like twice at friend's houses) so i'm working through easy before moving on.

question about the bonus songs: does anyone have any opinions as to what the best bonus songs are (the ones you buy in the shop)? i'm sure i'll buy them all eventually, but i was just wondering what ones i should start with.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

question about the bonus songs: does anyone have any opinions as to what the best bonus songs are (the ones you buy in the shop)? i'm sure i'll buy them all eventually, but i was just wondering what ones i should start with.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm a newbie at this too. first time playing any GH was yesterday. i got kaiser chiefs - ruby, and only made 2 mistakes. i don't know if it's a good song per se, but if you need a confidence booster, get this one.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hope the boss battles are fun to play. They're miserable to watch. All the sound effects from powerups ruin the song.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have now tried to beat lou for 7 hours on hard and cannot do it. i can assure you it is not fun. on the other hand i can try and fail ttfaf multiple times but it is still fun. also, [censored] lou. i am an average player who can 5* some hard songs and got all the way to lou (with 1 try per song and 2 tries on "one") and i have no chance because i am literally not good/lucky enough. [censored] this im playing madden

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you get to the end where he death drains you or are you failing because of his attacks? If you store three attacks you can fail him pretty easily during his last solo.

[/ QUOTE ]

his attacks get me + i cant seem to earn attacks when being attacked
Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hope the boss battles are fun to play. They're miserable to watch. All the sound effects from powerups ruin the song.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have now tried to beat lou for 7 hours on hard and cannot do it. i can assure you it is not fun. on the other hand i can try and fail ttfaf multiple times but it is still fun. also, [censored] lou. i am an average player who can 5* some hard songs and got all the way to lou (with 1 try per song and 2 tries on "one") and i have no chance because i am literally not good/lucky enough. [censored] this im playing madden

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you get to the end where he death drains you or are you failing because of his attacks? If you store three attacks you can fail him pretty easily during his last solo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some good tips from Scorehero forums:

1) On broken strings, don't repeatedly press the button that's broken. Just continue to play as normal. The button will fix itself after a few presses in the fast sections and your rock meter will stay up.

2) Memorize the star power phrases and focus in on those. You don't have to worry about keeping a combo because you're not trying to FC this. You're just trying to hit three star power phrases and keep your rock meter up.

3) Lou doesn't seem to fail early in the song (except for the whammy attack on the green stream on expert). It's best to to save your attacks for later.

Other than that you just have to get really good at the song. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some good tips from Scorehero forums:

1) On broken strings, don't repeatedly press the button that's broken. Just continue to play as normal. The button will fix itself after a few presses in the fast sections and your rock meter will stay up.

2) Memorize the star power phrases and focus in on those. You don't have to worry about keeping a combo because you're not trying to FC this. You're just trying to hit three star power phrases and keep your rock meter up.

3) Lou doesn't seem to fail early in the song (except for the whammy attack on the green stream on expert). It's best to to save your attacks for later.

Other than that you just have to get really good at the song. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks
Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 PM

Got a question. I thought I read this earlier in the thread but can't find it now.

I have GH1 for PS2. I want to get GH3 for PS3. Can I use my GH1 wired guitar for GH3 and vice versa?
Old 10-30-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Got a question. I thought I read this earlier in the thread but can't find it now.

I have GH1 for PS2. I want to get GH3 for PS3. Can I use my GH1 wired guitar for GH3 and vice versa?

[/ QUOTE ]

not exactly sure, but I'm going to say no, since the only version of the game that didn't come packaged with a guitar was the PS2 version, and that was simply because you can use the old guitars with it.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:50 AM

well you can def use a ps2 GH2 guitar for GH3 on ps2, but I don't think any ps2 controller will work in a ps3 under any circumstance.

Some of the design decisions in this game really annoy me at least for ps2. First off there's a confirm button after starting up the game... why? Also despite the fact it obviously autoloads, it doesn't save your cheats i.e. you have to turn them on every time you start the game. Dumb. Most people use HS anyways. And then not only is there a confirm box for restarting a song which is pointless, but it has to actually reload the song instead of it just immediately starting over a la GH2. Which makes zero sense when you notice that the graphics for this game for ps2 are way worse than the GH2 ones. OK...
Old 10-30-2007, 01:20 AM

I hope none of you guys is ryden40 on XBL, because that fool was getting owned by me tonight in battle mode! Ahhaahhaahaa!! Battle mode is awesome, even co-op is fun on XBL. I guess I see what the hype is about.

Brag: unbeaten in battle mode
Beat: playing medium :-|

Also, good lord, thFaF is impossible for me on medium, I can't imagine trying it at a harder level.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:21 AM

Ok someone help me out here...

What system do I want to buy this for?

I currently have 1 guitar for PS2. Any reason I should switch to a diff one?