Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm sorry but Tenacious D is not a rock band, its a couple actors who "made" some songs. Get that s--- out of here.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

They are the best band EVER PERIOD!

How can you not like the D?

NSFW (audio) http://youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A
Old 10-28-2007, 07:25 AM

zzz.

Played it some more before bed, couple more comments/bitches:

It seems that there is a lot of "ho/po breaks" i.e. spots where it seems there's an unnecessary note you have to strum which makes zero sense and just is there to annoy you. On the other hand there is some notes that you can ho/po that make no sense to be there! In particular there is an incredibly long (30 second) one in.. I forget, something in tier 4 or 5 that is utterly unrealistic and dumb.

Tier 8 kicked my ass other than the overly-easy cliffs of dover so yeah. Of course I don't find enjoyment in random alt-strumming practice which is like that whole tier minus cod. Blah. They should have put in a bunch of cult of personality-type songs tbh.

Also the remake of anarchy in the u.k. was predictably terrible. But the COP one was terrific.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:09 AM

Just picked it up for thw Wii and there is a noticable lag. I must have missed my first 50 notes and then I started trying to play them a full beat earlier and I nailed a 113 note streak.

This sounds like it would be a real problem but I actually got used to just playing the notes a tick early pretty fast.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got the wii version(stupid 360 ring of death), and it feels off, it might be its not hyperspeed that is [censored] with me, the lag calibration seemed fine

but end result I can barely beat the first tier songs on hard [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
The game will seem off a bit when you first try it but I think it's the new engine. Atleast for me, after I played the game for a while I was nailing HOPOs normally again. Just give it a little time.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah Im getting a little better hang of it, though my whammy isn't working [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so I can't beat Tom Morello as whammy = instaloss

[/ QUOTE ]

Same [censored] with me. I'm actually going right now to take mine back, cause Morello kicked my ass cause I couldn't get the whammy bar to work.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:11 PM

Never played a GH game until I dloaded the demo last night and played for a few hours with a friend (on the 360 controllers, not guitars) but man I suddenly really want this game, it's just so much fun and so easy to get into.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:09 PM

Couple of quick Qs from someone who has only played the demo:

- If I can get a good price on GH2 should I just get that? Is there a huge diff between II and III other than the new songs?
- If I get both II and III will I then have two guitars so I can play either game 2 players or are the guitars specific to each game?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:13 PM

Man I really hate this new guitar. The fret buttons are so much harder to push/hold down and after playing a couple of songs, I can no longer feel my fingers.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:36 PM

I got the whammy configured finally, and have played through a little more of the songs, but they have been for the most part underwhelming

set4 is European Invasion but has 3US songs on it lol
Old 10-28-2007, 02:53 PM

my game won't update...or it's taking super long =/ i've been playing without signing into xbl

thecroshow if you wanna challenge a "hard mode" masta =P
Old 10-28-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Couple of quick Qs from someone who has only played the demo:

- If I can get a good price on GH2 should I just get that? Is there a huge diff between II and III other than the new songs?

[/ QUOTE ]

The HO/PO's are easier and the timing window is a little longer in III. There's also a battle mode and online play. Battle mode is interesting; but online play is really the deciding factor for me.

[ QUOTE ]
- If I get both II and III will I then have two guitars

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The GH2 guitar will work for GH3 and vice versa.