Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 01:43 PM

Default 10k hand limit pokertracker checkup (microlimits)

I filtered hands to include only those between 7 and 10 players. The database includes 1200 hands of <font color="red">limit</font> .02/.04, 2200 hands of .05/.10, 3000 hands of .25/.50, and 600 hands of .50/1. Thank you for any thoughts on my play.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: 10k hand pokertracker checkup (microlimits)

Good news: you're not loosing.
Avg Win per hand played: 15.07/9254 = $0.0016 per hand.

If your trying to learn PLO8b, the time is expensive. You need to refine your play in the blinds. Fold all but premium hands in blinds. You obviously subscribe to "protecting your children." This is playing loosing poker in any game. You need to work on your post flop play from the blinds. Blind play is mostly (80%) about fold, fold, fold, etc. If you had folded blinds more often, you would be close to $150.00 winner in stead of $15.00. A factor of 10* is a significant leak in your game.

You're WSD% of <font color="red">30%</font> is extremely loose chasing. Apparently, you see a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow.

Won money when saw flop: <font color="red">23.74</font> indicates you buy a marriage license every time you see a pretty girl. It's a lot cheaper to sleep with streetwalker and dump them when the excitement is over. Don't take them home to MOM &amp; POP.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:42 PM

Thank you for the response. You are right that my winrate is pretty marginal. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I should have definitely mentioned that this is limit 08, rather than pot limit. I would go back and edit my original post, but the edit button has expired. I'm thinking that this might change your thoughts on some of the specific statistics. I PM'd the moderator of this forum requesting to edit the OP.

My apologies for not making this clear. Thanks for the response nonetheless.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:49 PM

These are limit stats, not pot limit. So I think I have to disagree with redmarion. And in particular, having a WSD% of 30% is not a leak if you combine it with a 'Won $ at SD' of 65%, which is quite respectable and maybe even a little bit high.
I would say instead that you need to raise preflop and bet flop a little more. Flop aggression is a little low, likewise preflop raising. You seem to be doing a decent job of showing down winners, now you just need to do a better job of building the pot when you're ahead.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:51 PM

Thanks bbartlog, helpful advice.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:53 PM

Won money when saw flop: 23.74 indicates you buy a marriage license every time you see a pretty girl.

For what it's worth, I play pot limit (microlimits) and have a W$WSF of about 40%, because I'm able to steal a lot of orphan pots. Granted, my W$WSD is only 58%, which is probably a sign that I'm getting mixed up in pots I shouldn't be in sometimes - but I'm still a winning player at those limits...
Old 08-22-2007, 02:59 PM

bbartlog

PLO8b and limit are birds of a different color.

You(experienced/seasoned player) vs sfgiants(training in minor league system)

I don't see problem in the aggression for orphans.
Not many orphans/widows in micro/limit.

In limit, at least one other player wants to take a streetwalker home to MOM &amp; POP.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: 10k hand limit pokertracker checkup (microlimits)

your "raise first in" on the button has the lowest %, this is a major leak and will hold back your win rate significantly.

this should absolutely be the highest % position.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: 10k hand limit pokertracker checkup (microlimits)

Thanks Dave, I hadn't caught that. I'm thinking that this would go together with opening up my range on the button.