Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Holy crap Circuit City blows

(location: Crenshaw & PCH in Torrance, CA)

Me: Hi I need some memory for my camera. I'm not sure what kind it takes, but this is my camera right here (holding the store demo Nikon D80).

Clueless Teenager #1: Ummmmmmm...

Me: Is there any way we can find out what kind of memory this takes?

CT1: Ummmmmm.....

Me: Ok, what would you do if someone just bought this camera and wanted to get some extra memory for it?

CT1: Ummmmm... look at the manual? (makes no attempt to find a manual or anything)

Me: ...

Me: Ok I'll just come back when I know what kind of memory I need.

CT1: Ok. (again no attempt to solve problem, lets me walk away)

So I look at some other stuff, wait until slightly less-clueless-looking teenager behind the camera counter is done helping some other people. Apparently the first clueless teenager's family has come in to visit him, so he's now distracted. Which is a slight relief as I would actually feel bad about asking someone else right in front of him.

Me: Hi I need some memory for my camera. I'm not sure what kind it takes, but this is my camera right here (holding the store demo Nikon D80).

Slightly Less Clueless Teenager #2: (thinks for a second) There's a chart over here.

He points to a red poster thing above the memory case. I think "Jesus, that first kid didn't even know this was here. Do they train these people at all?" So I'm happy at least the 2nd kid knows what's up... until he looks at the chart and tells me I need compact flash. I know that's not right.

Upon further inspection the chart lists two types for Nikon cameras - Compact Flash and SD. Which now that I think about it I'm pretty sure it's the SD. And if it's not right I'll just bring it back.

Anyway I thought about sending an email, because that does get results. But I'm sure the kids, who were basically friendly, would get in trouble. And really I blame the store manager for apparently giving these people no training whatsoever in cameras or basic customer service. But there's no way to call out the manager w/o getting the kids in trouble, so I just decided to vent here instead. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I generally like Circuit City based on their prices, selection and exchange policy. But I think I'm going to avoid that particular store for a while.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Holy crap Circuit City blows

D80 is SD, FWIW.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:42 PM

Thx, having access to the internet that one is pretty easy atm. I did actually try to get on the internet at Circuit City, but didn't succeed. I will say at that moment I really wished those guys were on commission.

I also wondered if SDHC was ok, which apparently it is. But I figured the odds of anyone at Circuit City knowing that were about on par with another big bang happening.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:45 PM

Grats on the nice camera, suzzer!

Yeah, Circuit City's training of its employees is abysmal. I used to always go there, and now it's more like never.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:48 PM

Yeah that's definitely that particular store's fault, not the company as a whole. In my experience, Circuit City has always had relatively competent employees.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:48 PM

Bought a car receiver at Circuit City a few years ago and had them install it. Results below:

Piece of dash trim was loose and would always fall off
Door trim was loose and would always fall off
Power window switch reinstalled up side down.

I avoid that place like the plague and only go there as a last resort. I love it when a high percentage of their floor demo TV's are not even on. So classy.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 PM

Yeah I can guarantee Circuit City would never be cutting up my car or drilling up my house - unless car was a POS or house was a rental.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 PM

In LA there's always a Best Buy right next door to CC. I remember having some bad impressions of them. Maybe it's time to revisit?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grats on the nice camera, suzzer!

Yeah, Circuit City's training of its employees is abysmal. I used to always go there, and now it's more like never.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I know my sample size is pretty low (maybe 3 Circuit Citys), but they've always been able to successfully answer my electronic questions...
Old 06-19-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I can guarantee Circuit City would never be cutting up my car or drilling up my house - unless car was a POS or house was a rental.

[/ QUOTE ]

Car was POS but now I wouldn't even let them [censored] with a POS.