Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 03:37 PM

Default cheap hotels in/near Atlantic City?

Anyone know what cheap hotels there are in or within say 20 miles of Atlantic City. I'm talking really cheap - hopefully no more than $50 for a Saturday night. I don't care if it's a fleabag in a crappy area, as long as it has a good lock on the door and I can walk from my car to the door fairly safely. I have looked online and can't find anything less than about $90 per night, but I am guessing the cheapest places can't be found online.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: cheap hotels in/near Atlantic City?

dude...just sleep outside the place this would be free?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:59 PM

You mean in my car? Hey, I have done that in the past when I was a bit younger - I slept in my car for two nights parked on Greenwich Village in NYC. My current car is just too uncomfortable to sleep in though, and in the summer it just gets too unbearable with the heat anyway, and I would need to be somewhat rested to play a second day of poker...
Old 05-16-2007, 04:06 PM

its expensive on weekends. you should probably stay in Absecon (one town over). There is about 10 miles of cheap motels. You can try the passport inn (609-652-8600) or the luxury inn (609-645-8008). or super8.com and search in Absecon.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-16-2007, 04:15 PM

Saturday nights are absurd in AC. $90 is good unless you want to stay at some of thos hoe houses on the black horse pike. I would check the super 8 and there is one other on BHP that advertises 39.99/night. The locals would know better but it's on the right side as you are driving into AC.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:19 PM

I have seen some of the cheap motels on US40 before but don't remember any of the names. I did just check Super8.com - $115 plus taxes for this Saturday in Absecon! Yuck. Maybe I will call those other places. If anyone knows the numbers or how to find them of any of the fleabags on US40 or the AC Expressway, let me know.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:44 PM

The Quality Inn Resort in West AC has weekend room rates at about $50/night and is clean, comfortable, secure, and offers free WiFi. Make sure you get the QI Resort, not the regular QI (which is not clean, comfortable, or secure).
Old 05-16-2007, 06:57 PM

From 78suited.com

Cheaper motels, about 10 minutes away by car can be found on Travelocity.com. These generally represent the best value if you come to Atlantic City by car. Search for motels in Absecon, NJ, and make sure it is located on Route 30.

Best Value: The best values I've found on route 30 are the Howard Johnson Express, the Quality Inn and for a very cheap room, the Comfort Inn North. Avoid the Days Inn at all costs!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:50 PM

Are you referring to the days inn pleasantville location? Not sure if the BHP is also called route 30 but that days inn has been my stay of choice since I started going to AC. They have a really nice place imo and the rates are good during the week. Saturday's are $150 though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]