Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you WANT to win?
Brazil 112 62.57%
France 67 37.43%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Neteller Poll: Would you go back?

Would I go back? Are you Fn Mad?

That second question is funny. I wanna see who would go back to them if they only gave you back 20% of your funds.

If anyone out there would, you deserve what you get and then some.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:19 AM

I use neteller now. For you to say i should get my head examined is really insulting.

I mean, ok, if i lived in a backward country like the US, then fair enough, but my government is forward thinking in matters like online gambling and are in fact passing laws streamlining our outdated legislation on these matters.

Furthermore Neteller is FSA regulated and incorporated here in the UK.

These reasons combined make me 100% sure that any money i have passing through neteller is safe and secure.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:22 AM

My respone was for those in the U.S. This thread really doesnt seem like much purpose for those of you who are not American.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:07 AM

I absolutely stand by my earlier comments that using Neteller is insane from this point forward.

The U.S. represented about 80% of Neteller's business and they completely rolled over when asked by U.S. authorities without even a shred of concern for 80% of their customers. There is probably over a BILLION dollars frozen from U.S. accounts and they haven't had an update for 6 weeks on their website and won't even take telephone calls or answer emails from U.S. account holders.

When a company loses 80% of their business overnight, its tough to recover and there are definitely huge risks going forward for the remaining 20% of their customers. Haven't they laid off the majority of their workforce?

Clearly the UK has the right approach to online gambling but things can change quickly especially when governments are concerned.

I am assuming there are other ewallets for UK punters to use and if you want to continue to use Neteller after all that has happened, then you get what you deserve.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:43 AM

I believe it's around 55 mil frozen...

I'd be undecided. Where is the better option still? It just seems like all of the blame is being put upon Neteller. I'm not giving them a pardon by all means, but it's not 100% Neteller's fault. I do think there should have been some sort of warning though.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:11 AM

Jay:

The $55 million was the amount stolen by the DOJ but the entire net worth of ALL U.S. Neteller accounts (which the monies are all inaccesible) has to be over a BILLION dollars.

Clearly, the DOJ intervening is the major reason why we can't get our money. However, Neteller's customer service through this ordeal is the WORST I have ever seen.

No updates on their website since February 8th, they won't answer customer calls/emails and they keep agreeing to postponements which they know will result in longer delays before U.S. customers can recover money that is rightfully theirs.

The 2 people that got arrested no longer work for the company and are now simply shareholders (they own about 12% of the outstanding shares combined).

Please keep in mind that what my government has done concerning this is ATROCIOUS but I thought Neteller would show at least some concern for their U.S. customers which represented 80% of their business. Remember they are located in the Isle of Man and the jurisdiction that the U.S. has over them is questionable at best.

Neteller knew that the $55 million was seized back in January but continued to post on their website that they were backlogged with withdrawals and were having problems getting them processed. Neteller has consistently lied to their customers about all of this and are hanging their U.S. customers out to dry in hopes it might benefit the 2 Neteller founders that got arrested.

I hope the DOJ and every single person associated with Neteller's operations rot in hell.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:18 AM

I might use them to immediately transfer small amounts. I would/will never keep my entire roll online anymore, be it Neteller or a site.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:19 AM

No chance.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:57 AM

I don't trust the company. No way in hell I go back. As long as the donks use it, it's all good.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:17 AM

Id still use them
And when I have kids Ill drop them off at Michaeil Jackson's house