Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Critique my play with QQ

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Did I play this correctly? When the button raised on the turn, I thought he was slow-playing. Was it worth 2 big bets to call him down?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Critique my play with QQ

Do you see the 3rd flush card/possible straight on the turn? He may not be slowplaying. His draw may have just come in. Either way, without reads (do you have any?) I call down here.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:36 PM

It's pretty hard to give up an overpair at this limit. He could be raising the turn with 88+, or Ax, or using it as a scare card with air + A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 3-betting the turn is spew, but calling down is ok.

Buzz
Old 08-11-2006, 08:40 PM

I'm a noob and not at the point where I look for reads. I'm just trying to learn solid play basic right now, after reading a couple of books. Ugh, I don't think I even considered the flush or straight on that hand. (It's probably unlikely that he'd call a raise with 56 though?)
Old 08-11-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(It's probably unlikely that he'd call a raise with 56 though?)

[/ QUOTE ]

You will constantly be amazed at what people call raises with. That why reads are so important. At any rate, you're doing the right things: thinking, posting, reading. Keep it up, and look harder for straights and flushes or you'll lose a lot of money over the long haul.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:02 PM

yep, looks like he got his flush. Gotta call to make sure but your probably beat.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:23 PM

I like how you played it. I would be worried about him making a set on the flop or the flush on the turn. Without a read at that limit you just have to call though. Against a strong aggressive player I would suspect a bluff here since they probably wont expect that you just have overcards and made a c-bet on the flop. =)
Old 08-11-2006, 09:30 PM

at this limit anything can happen. you played it perfectly you have to bet that turn for value.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:33 PM

I'd call it down, but only because an overpair lower than your Qs is at least some possibility.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:28 AM

*grunch*

I am immediately on guard when a button limps into a pot with one limper in front. Its a very strong drawing hand or a monster trying to get action from blinds or its a bad player.

I have no idea what the read you had on this guy but that hand is not a good one with my two red easily dominated but very good overpair hand.

I definitely do not raise the flop, I want to know what the button does....if he checks I bet the turn...if he bets the flop I reraise or I smooth call again depending on the read.

If I called his raise on the flop I donk and fold to a reraise.

If we are both in on the button I would go for the semi-bluff raise and call a reraise.

If I fold in this hand its on the flop.

If I am really unsure if this guy is just a bad player or a lucky one I am going to call it down and play sheriff.

These hands are very tough for me to play but by mixing up my play I am going to make it difficult for people to bluff me in future situations.

These are the hands where I mix my passive and aggressive play up as much as possible until I have a very good book on my opponent.