Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Guy plays in the wrong seat at a tourney - ruling?

I played a tournament last week at showboat. When my table started we had about 5 people, including one (guy A) who mentioned it was his first time playing ever. I didn't know if I believed him, though I do now. There were stacks at all seats, some people who were late and some house seats that were being blinded off.

During the second level, a guy (Guy B) shows up who was late, and guy A is in his seat. What happens here? The dealer told guy A in the wrong seat to move to the correct seat with his stack and gave Guy B the stack from Guy A's correct seat.

She said this all worked out correctly, though I think because of where the button was the guy who showed up late got cheated out of a blind (His stack was the button then got moved UTG, though I might be wrong about that). Luckily the guy in the wrong seat hadn't really won or lost too many pots yet. I think if he had taken a lot of someone's chips they might have been mad since he was playing the wrong cards.

I don't know what else could have been done at that point to correct the situation, but is this the standard ruling?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Guy plays in the wrong seat at a tourney - ruling?

I don't know for sure, but I think it was done right. It doesn't matter how good/bad Guy A was doing at all.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:01 PM

As far as the ruling I know it can't take into consideration how good the guy has done. But it does suck for the other people at the table. I know his cards are random regardless of where he is sitting, but it affected who had position on him, so he might have donked away chips to one guy where he should have been donking them away to another.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:05 PM

I don't know what else you could do.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played a tournament last week at showboat. When my table started we had about 5 people, including one (guy A) who mentioned it was his first time playing ever. I didn't know if I believed him, though I do now. There were stacks at all seats, some people who were late and some house seats that were being blinded off.

During the second level, a guy (Guy B) shows up who was late, and guy A is in his seat. What happens here? The dealer told guy A in the wrong seat to move to the correct seat with his stack and gave Guy B the stack from Guy A's correct seat.

She said this all worked out correctly, though I think because of where the button was the guy who showed up late got cheated out of a blind (His stack was the button then got moved UTG, though I might be wrong about that). Luckily the guy in the wrong seat hadn't really won or lost too many pots yet. I think if he had taken a lot of someone's chips they might have been mad since he was playing the wrong cards.

I don't know what else could have been done at that point to correct the situation, but is this the standard ruling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I sat in the wrong seat at a tournament once, and the dealer saw my seat card, nodded and I sat down (I sat in 8, I should have been in 1 it was a stud tourney). Played about 2 levels before the guy that was supposed to be there showed up. They took the stack from my correct spot moved it to seat 8, I took the chips in front of me and moved to my correct seat. Everything worked out great I got hot and doubled up after the move which made everybody at the table happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]