Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 02:20 PM

Default 2NL UB flopped straight, turn flush draw

Please critique all streets shown. Villians here are both loose and passive preflop, but BB is agressive post flop while Button is still passive. This type of situation comes up a lot where there's a flush draw and multiple opponents and i never know how much to bet. I'm afraid of betting too little and letting the second (or third at these limits) caller get good odds due to earlier callers. But if I bet too much I don't give anyone the chance to make a mistake.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.02 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($2.22)
UTG ($.69)
MP1 ($1.15)
MP2 ($1.88)
CO ($1.19)
Button ($.62)
Hero ($1.42)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.02, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.02</font>, UTG calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, Button calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.20) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.02</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, Button calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>
Old 06-27-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: 2NL UB flopped straight, turn flush draw

Raise the flop. The pot is $0.18 when it gets to you, raise it to about 0.14 or so.

Raise the turn aswell, whatever the pot is.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:55 PM

I would have lead the flop, given you didn't I would have c/r the flop

given you didn't I would have lead the turn, given you didn't I hope you c/r the turn

its nl2 they pay off superlightly get money in before bad cards come off and you have to second guess yourself

nutstraight isn't that strong of a hand, often half the deck can be bad
Old 06-27-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have lead the flop, given you didn't I would have c/r the flop

given you didn't I would have lead the turn, given you didn't I hope you c/r the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:58 PM

Ok, thanks. I'm probably being results orientated, but it seemed like at this table everytime I raised with a hand it got folded around. I thought maybe I should be winning more with big hands, by betting less. In this one, I bet the pot and it was folded.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if I bet too much I don't give anyone the chance to make a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could argue that by betting big you give someone the chance of making a bigger mistake.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:33 PM

Grunch

preflop is fine - there are a bunch of limpers so the pot is giving you good odds to call this even if your going to be OOP.

Flop - you flopped a straight now you have to bet to make money. Noone showed any aggression preflop so you might as well take the lead here, bet the pot. People will call with all kinds of made and unmade hands, and with any luck someone will have hit a set and get frisky. Plus, you don't want anyone drawing out on you for cheap.

Turn - Well, that's not a bad card, only one hand, 9T, is beating you at this point. Don't stop being aggressive and don't be afraid to get in here if someone fight back. If I checked through the flop I would lead this. As played pot sized reraise to bb tiny lead.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... everytime I raised with a hand it got folded around.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? My main "problem" at this limit are people able to play nearly ATC like the nuts and thus are pretty hard to put on a range. It's just a matter of adjusting to them.

If I have some folks being able to fold a hand preflop or postflop I try to take advantage of this to take pots from them or steal their blinds.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought maybe I should be winning more with big hands, by betting less.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way if you ask me. Just bet your strong hands. There are so many people paying you off at the limit, no need to be "overtricky".

my donkish 2ct.