Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Stars cards display error/I am going blind and crazy

I've been playing on Stars for a couple of years now, and have been 8-12 tabling ever since they introduced resizable tables.

In all of that time I have never had a problem seeing the cards and/or determining their exact value. Also worth noting, I use the 4 color deck option.a

Now then, just in the past two weeks, on 3 occasions I have seemingly misread my hand in terms of what I thought I saw was not what ended up being my hole cards in the hand history. The funny thing is all 3 instances are eerily the same, so I think the problem is very likely an error on my part (either what I see, or how my brain processes it).

Each time I have had AK, and flopped 4 to a flush, and saw my hole cards as being AKs, then when I looked in the HH after the hand I saw it was actually AKo, but one of the cards was of the suit I thought both of them were.

I was not intoxicated or tired on any of these instances, nor have I ever previously had any vision problems of any kind with poker, video displays, or just in general.

Sorry for making such a stupid thread, but this has cost me a couple of large pots, and since the 3rd occurance (this morning), made me paranoid enough to start taking screenshots everytime my AKs flops a FD. If anyone else has questioned whether or not their eyes have played tricks on them with Stars recently, please let me know. Otherwise, mods feel free to delete this thread.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Stars cards display error/I am going blind and crazy

Hypersimple theme FTW
Old 10-02-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hypersimple theme FTW

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed
Old 10-02-2007, 11:42 AM

I can't stand the 4 colour deck (sounds a good idea but when I tried it I couldn't work out what I had). However, I do occassionally have the same problem but not always with only one particular set of hole cards - that is wierd.

It is just when multi-tabling quick glances can sometimes deceive. Very annoying but just paying greater attention is all I can suggest. Whether sub-consiously you want them to be suited so your have a brain fart I don't know.

Please don't tell me though that the post was meant to be a rigged theory and they give you suited connectors then take them away after the river. Please - that wasn't what you were suggesting was it?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:59 PM

You can change the 4 color deck in the Hypersimple theme back to the regular deck.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:52 AM

Assuming the OP isn't color-blind, I think the Hypersimple's default four-color cards are the way to go in order to spot suitedness.