[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-16-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: The official PAYTRU thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mine's back.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is great news. Despite the email response from PS, I was still concerned. The option is back for me as well.

Les
Old 05-16-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I ran into an odd problem with PayTru. I tried to make an online purchase for a little over three hundred dollars, only a fraction of the amount on my PT card. The transaction was declined. I was puzzled but thought maybe some merchants just don't take it. Then the nightmare ...

I logged into my PT account and saw that the amount had been debited. I called the merchant (BTW extremely trustworthy), explained the situation, and asked why my payment had not been reflected. They stated that no payment had been received. The knowledgeable rep also explained that when payments don't complete, the "batch" is returned to the visa issuer and accounts are normally credited within 24 hours.

Still trying to get it resolved with PT, so be careful when using it for anything other than ATM's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing has happened to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

TL;DR crowd: Make purchase at newegg, declined. Still charged though. Multiple e-mails with newegg, no good. Pricegrabber review = money.

This also happened with me on newegg.com. I tried to purchase something for around 70 dollars or so on their website with the card, ends up being declined because it was issued by an international bank and newegg doesn't accept them.

Next day I log on my card and find that I was still debited for that exact amount by newegg even though it was declined. I instantly started up the live chat through Newegg's website, CS rep told me to fax the debit card statement then after it goes through he assures me that the funds are just on hold and that American banks usually release the hold after 3-5 business days but he isn't sure of foreign banks and nothing can be done on their end at this point because they have no records of any charge. I call up Paytru, obviously clueless CS rep doesn't really even know what it means to have funds be put on hold but assures me that the newegg charge has already gone though and that money is no longer in my account. I'm thinking great, this is money that I'm never getting back.

2 weeks later I still am not debited back this money. I shot off a few e-mails with neweggs customer service but in the end it was the same situation with them saying that I should talk to my bank about this issue because it's out of their hands as they clearly show records of no charge to my card, even though I explain in every way possible that I was indeed charged.

Complicated situation.. so I posted a pricegrabber review and chalked that up to money being lost and make a mental note to not use international debit cards with merchants that don't accept them.. I didn't know newegg didn't accept international debit cards at the time but I didn't put much thought into PayTru being issued by an overseas bank.

After the last e-mail with newegg, I put up the pricegrabber review stating everything here hoping to get the attention of someone higher up at newegg that could help me out with the situation. Within days after putting up the review I got an e-mail from another CS that apologized basically for how I was treated and, after reviewing my situation, had refunded my money to a debit card I previously used (local bank), and gave me $30 store credit on my next purchase.

I guess it depends on the merchant believing your story or not about PayTru if you get a refund for those that are in the same boat. Newegg is pretty good with customer service but the representatives that I exchanged e-mails with were horrible. The refund plus store credit was a huge relief and very satisfying to get resolved.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:34 PM

Is the consensus here that the one sure place to use the card with minimal hassle is at an ATM?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:34 PM

The same thing happened to me Jayy

After 30 or 31 days the money went unclaimed and returned to my paytru account. At least that is how it worked on my end.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the consensus here that the one sure place to use the card with minimal hassle is at an ATM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump
Old 05-19-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump

[/ QUOTE ]

I use it exclusively at an ATM without problems, I don't make a consensus fer sure, but haven't heard any horror stories about ATM usage. What is it you are wanting to hear?
Old 05-19-2007, 08:12 PM

Anybody get another card in the mail for no reason? I received one today, about a month after getting my first one. I forgot to check the numbers to see if it's the same account (I'm at work).

Strange.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody get another card in the mail for no reason? I received one today, about a month after getting my first one. I forgot to check the numbers to see if it's the same account (I'm at work).

Strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got two with the same number, about a week apart [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]