Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-26-2007, 12:10 PM

Default huge pot, protect Q split pair, A kicker on flop

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, HERO calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HERO ??</font>

Table is crazy, pple raises with junk preflop, an I assume I could have the best hand here.

Decision is between calling, or re-raising with my TPTK.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: huge pot, protect Q split pair, A kicker on flop

* g *

Preflop:
I might even cap this when in touch with the Force.

Flop:
You might as well 3-bet and try to blow the SB, BB and CO out of the big pot facing them with 24:3. BB probably missed with AK or is passive. If either UTG caps it's time go to call-down mode bar the board and action getting really ugly later.

Waiting to turn really doesn't help much to protect your hand. It's going to be 13-14BB anyway.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:29 PM

cap pf. 3 bet the flop.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:19 PM

Go ahead and 3bet it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 03:11 PM

Cap preflop for value, even if the 3-bettor has TT, JJ AK, or even QQ you're still profiting from the cap.

Flop is an easy 3-bet for value, they could be doing this with flush draws, a weaker queen and the pot is so big you would like to fold out Ks, and bottom and middle pair.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:21 PM

cap pf for value.

3betting the flop for value is ok, but i'm tempted to call, see what everyone does, and then hopefully pop the turn. this will also save us a bet or two when the turn is a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Old 11-26-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the pot is so big you would like to fold out Ks, and bottom and middle pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really think they're folding now that they've gotten here and made a pair?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cap pf for value.

3betting the flop for value is ok, but i'm tempted to call, see what everyone does, and then hopefully pop the turn. this will also save us a bet or two when the turn is a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line better. You act right after the flop raiser so you can face the field with two on a safe turn.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:13 AM

*grunch*

If the table is crazy and they’re playing all sorts of junk preflop (even raising with them), then I’m capping with Aqs preflop.
You have no reason to believe anyone has QQ+ or AK, so go for it!

On the flop: I still see no reason to believe we don’t have the best hand, so I’m 3-betting. If anything, it’ll fold the BB who was the preflop raiser, and that may clear some ace-outs if we’re behind.
If it gets capped, I’m still raising any non-club on the turn. Only when the (safe) turn gets 3-bet do I call down.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop: I still see no reason to believe we don’t have the best hand, so I’m 3-betting. If anything, it’ll fold the BB who was the preflop raiser, and that may clear some ace-outs if we’re behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are not worried about better aces hitting here unless it is a runner-runner to top two with AK. Clearing ace-outs is not a reason to raise in this spot.