Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-28-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Breaking news in Medical field

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think its bad news for gold digging whores who hit up successful guys to have them pay child support when the kid is not even his. do a google on the study.....25% of the guys pay child support to kids that arent theirs !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta tell you, 25% sounds awfully suspicious. Sounds too much like the old canard of 10% of fathers raising kids that are biologically not theirs.
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/071019.html

[/ QUOTE ] But this 25% isn't a random sample, it's most likely men who believe there's a real possibility the child isn't theirs.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:11 AM

HAY GUISE DID |U|O HERE THAT 25% OF AUSSIES ARE |BAS|TARDS

DONT TELL ADSMAN IMO
Old 11-28-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, a guy called in the show and told a weird story. He had a doubt 5-6 years on that the kid wasnt his that he was paying child support for. When he got dna tested, the family court judge ignored it and he still has to pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most states, if your wife has a baby while youre married, you are responsible for it, whether or not its yours.

pretty [censored] up imo
Old 11-28-2007, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

With all this talk of "gold-digging whores," it sounds like OP has a serious axe to grind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2007, 08:32 AM

Devastating news for Maury Povich
Old 11-28-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, a guy called in the show and told a weird story. He had a doubt 5-6 years on that the kid wasnt his that he was paying child support for. When he got dna tested, the family court judge ignored it and he still has to pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most states, if your wife has a baby while youre married, you are responsible for it, whether or not its yours.

pretty [censored] up imo

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless you show otherwise, I think. The problem is once you assume responsibility, finding out later won't do you any good, because courts will order support in order to best provide for the child. If you've got a 6 year old bastard you've been feeding and clothing for his whole life and the biological dad is M.I.A. --> tough [censored] for you.

Also, I'm pretty disappointed by everyone in this thread who didn't read Quicksilver's link but are continuing to spout off about non-paternity statistics.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:22 PM

Awesome! My parents might not like it when I bring the test over for Christmas, but I need to know for sure they're who they say they are.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone who believes 1 in 10 fathers isn't the real father of their kid is equally unqualified to ever have children of their own or raise someone else's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being as I said I could believe it and I find myself intelligent and plan to have kids some day, I'm going to ask you for the correlation here. Why am I unqualified to have children because I happen to think it is possible that in our world of guys pounding as much poon as they can and selfish girls trying to get money that the number sounds close to reasonable?

I find your comment to be both unfounded and silly. I'd like for you to give me a reason to think otherwise KneeCo.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:54 PM

lets break down the issue further.

1) we already know what huge % of the marriages end in divorce.

2) Calculate the % of those divorces that have a child involved along with child support payments + add it to the numbers of cases involved with single mothers collecting child support from guys (who werent married to them)

I am not even counting the guys who doubt their parenthood while they are married. Lets just consider the guys that are divorced and paying child support payments. too lazy to do google here but i believe the number (absolute value) is very high.

why would it be considered unreasonable for a guy who is divorced to his wife but is still paying child support to ensure that he is really paying child support a his kid.

In other words, is it considered unreasonable to ensure you are not paying for other people's mistakes. What are we ? Charity centers here or what.

Also please keep focus on the issue at hand and not my personal situation as 2 people pointed out that i might have an axe to grind. I had vasectomy at 26, when i wasnt married and didnt have any kids. suffice to say, i wouldnt be affected either way.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:05 PM

Another issue in the whole paternity testing debate is the possibility of the parent being a chimera. A mother had a hard time proving her children were actually hers because she has two sets of DNA.

Chimerism

The implications of this are that some fathers could be cleared of paternity, rapist/murderers could be cleared on the grounds of DNA testing, and the list goes on. Pretty profound stuff IMO.