Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-27-2007, 10:18 PM

Default sudden river aggression

UTG+2 is 38/5/0.3 but after only 40 odd hands, no specific reads.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero...

Up to the river seems pretty standard, then the sudden donk on what seems a fairly nothing card. Most likely seems a passively played (both pre- and post-flop) JJ, a JT (which I beat), or a J and another OC. There's also a smaller possibility of a slowplayed 4, although I would've expected an earlier raise. I beat the majority of likely hands, so is a raise correct? What should I do if 3-bet?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: sudden river aggression

How do you play AK here? This looks like you are on the other side of someone doing a WA/WB against you. I hope folding never crossed your mind here? If I'm feeling my oats I raise/call here, if I'm not feeling it I just call and make a note.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you play AK here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, possibly check behind on the turn and fold to a river bet. Bad/good?
[ QUOTE ]
This looks like you are on the other side of someone doing a WA/WB against you. I hope folding never crossed your mind here?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it was either call or raise.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:18 PM

Easy call here, Figure him to have something like JT and not realize that his 2 pair is counterfitted. Player is bad enough pre-flop though that he could have a 4. A raise, call might be a better line I'm not sure.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:33 PM

My initial thought was to simply call down. I would be very tempted to raise but the aggression did come from no where. Without a specific read, I think I call down.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+2 is 38/5/0.3 but after only 40 odd hands, no specific reads.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero...

Up to the river seems pretty standard, then the sudden donk on what seems a fairly nothing card. Most likely seems a passively played (both pre- and post-flop) JJ, a JT (which I beat), or a J and another OC. There's also a smaller possibility of a slowplayed 4, although I would've expected an earlier raise. I beat the majority of likely hands, so is a raise correct? What should I do if 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

raise and call a 3-bet.
imo folding to a 3-bet (especially without a read) is much worse than simply just calling his initial bet.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:47 PM

imo, this look like a JT, which as you said you have beat. It may also be something like AJ, hanging in with overs to the board. I would raise, and call a three bet. I think you are still good here.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:04 AM

Call it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 05:13 AM

He has Jx like KJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something much more often than 54 or 44 or 22: raise and call the 3-bet. I give him enough credit not to cap.

Too few hands to think he is that passive and not raise this.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:18 AM

Please raise this. When you get three bet you are almost always behind to passive players, but you still need to call.