Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Utility bill

HAHAHA I was reading a bit on BsAs and the Obelisk. For AIDS awareness day, they put a "condom" on it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obelisk_of_Buenos_Aires

bottom/right
Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys I have a poker related problem I hope you can help me with.

I just registred on NETeller and they have closed my account until I send in a copy of my passport and a utility bill. As I am living in a "Casa de familia" here in BsAs and don't pay gas, water, WC expenses etc (only a monthly sum to the proprietor for my room), I don't have such an utility bill. I spoke to their support, but they insist that I have to send in a copy in order to reopen my account.

Any idea what I can do? I was thinking about ordering something to my home address to get a bill with my name and address on it, but I dont know what and I am unsure what they mean with "utility" bill. As far as I understand this cant be a "envio a domicilio" from a supermarket?

Any suggestions please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a cell phone account, and you will have the statement that you need billed every month. I guess you will be able to do that. If not go to the police and get a "certificado de domicilio", it should cost 20 pesos at max.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:19 PM

sick thread guys, I'm on page 12 and it's almost as good as the last novel I read.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:22 AM

Nordino,
I got a certificado de domicilio last month. It was 10 pesos and almost no hassle. Just go to the closest police station and ask them for one. You will then get it the next day.

Did they give you a reason why they closed your account? Also, don't they normally ask for ID as well. I assume if you are a tourist you don't have that.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Ask TheMetetron about living in or visiting Buenos Aires, Argentin

Thanks for this thread...tons of great info. I've read through the entire thing and my eyes are a little blurry, but have a few Q's still:

1) I know that it was recommended to get an unlocked GSM cell and buy a sim card there. Is it possible to get a sim, or monthly contract with unlimited data (internet) on your cell there? Are there any monthly plans like Boost Mobile? Hoping to possibly use skype on my cell over the internet instead of making cell calls. Check out www.fring.com.

2) If any of you use skype, how is the call quality back to the states (and to europe)? Is there a noticeable delay?

3) I haven't really heard any mention of Las Canitas as an area to live. I see a number of apartments for rent there and the descriptions make it sound like the yuppie area of town. I'm probably a bit older than most on this board (a whopping 32), but would like to be walking distance to the best area for bars/restos with the hottest chicas in my age bracket. I know that TheMetetron likes Recoletta for the area and central location, but I really would like to be walking distance to the area that I will likely be going out in the most...so that I can stumble home. Is Las Canitas a good area for this, or is there better? Don't mind paying the price for the best location...I would liken this to the Marina/Cow Hollow area in San Francisco, or Santa Monica in Los Angeles (vs Beverly Hills, which is nice and safe, but not so fun at night).

Thanks a bunch!
Old 10-16-2007, 05:33 AM

Has everyone been going wild for the argentinian rugby team?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:38 AM

Las Canitas is the devil of Buenos Aires. It's probably the single area I despise most because it is just so manufactured and American. Gah, never had a good time going out there. Find some bars you like in Palermo and live near them. Also, being walking distance to where you go out at night is over-rated given how cheap cabs are.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:41 PM

Does anyone know of a good place to play tennis. I've lived here for about 10 months a year for the last 3 years and have yet to play tennis. I went to that one place off of Figueroa Alcorta (you see a lot of their courts when you take the train to Tigre), but they said they were a country club and you needed membership.

I also tried Club de Amigos, but I found it annoying that you had to pay a fee each time to get into the club, then court rental, then pay the pro to hit with me.

Basically I am looking for someplace where they have tennis leagues. I don't even know if they exist here.

Anybody got any experience with this?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:53 PM

Ask Chairman Wood, he recently started playing tennis here though I have no idea where.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has everyone been going wild for the argentinian rugby team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of. Argy TV showed their games live, and the News gave them a fair bit of coverage.

Still, footy is WAY, WAY more popular. Messi's performances for Barcelona get as much coverage as The Pumas did. Rugby is still the rich mans game here.