Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Restating My \"Religion Does Good\" Post More Explicitly

[ QUOTE ]
What made you choose the words you did when trying to convey whatever idea or concept it was you were trying to convey? Were they chosen based on clarity and ease of understanding for the reader or something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Best I can say is "painting a picture". In this case, obviously not "mechanical" but from my perspective there is an internal logic which connects the parts and pieces but if done properly, the "tone" of the piece is the expression of its origin.

In no way am I associating myself with him but a "flow of consciousness" by some like James Joyce comes to mind. After your question I tried to find a piece by Gurdjieff in which he describes a large two story ship on a river with many passengers and the events forthcoming. Before he presents the piece he tells the reader that "pictures" of what is happening will rise in the readers consciousness of the whole episode. The whole episode is experienced in "imaginative pictures" with great clarity. I was truly amazed that he could do this and he did. Quite a piece, truly amazing.

Aside from that the question arises, "from whence do your words come from". Not written on a paper of our mind. Seeking the solution to a mathematical problem is similar for at some point a "eureka" point is reached. the question is again"from whence does the "eureka" come from?

On and on and on...
Old 11-03-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Restating My \"Religion Does Good\" Post More Explicitly

Believe its "stream of consciousness" not "flow of consciousness".