Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

if I had a ringy cool name like Shannon Shorr, I might use it too lol. I've talked to Shannon multiple times on AIM and is a seemingly good guy. I'm not sure how well he plays because we havent really played that much in cash and never in tourneys, but gl mr. shorr
Old 11-14-2007, 07:30 PM

Shannon,

While I was really looking forward to you making 4438957 posts in the HSMTT forum, if your heart isn't in it then it is best to move on while you are still young and have career options and time to figure things out... You are obviously bright enough to be sucessful in anything.

All the best,
Steve
Old 11-14-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know Shannon personally and anyone that thinks he is a douche has never met the guy. He's one of the nicest and most humble guys you will ever come across. He'll be successful in whatever he chooses to do in life. Piss on anybody that thinks otherwise

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
before he moved onto donkaments,shannon was actually a pretty tough full ring 25/50 player

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know anything about the guy but surely anybody who can beat $25/50NL should be able to make much, much more from online cash than online MTT's on an annual basis?

Best of luck with whatever you choose though, i've been there (albeit not with poker) and its a complete mind-[censored] every single day not knowing what you really want to do with yourself.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:38 PM

well first thing he should do is change his name to roberto or something, cuz nobody on the table is going to be scared of a dude named Shannon.

Anyway, he's a good poker player but poker has a high element of luck on it that it doesn't really matter if ur the best some players will hit there straight or flush on the turn or river.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea who Shannon Shorr is but I just read the bio on his blog and he seems like some random guy who went on a hot streak in tournaments and is now being pulled back into reality because he's realized he's not as good at poker as he originally thought. Big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a douche and thinks he's better than anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shannon is an awesome dude and is completely laid back, chill and fun to hang out with. I don't know why you would say that about him, other then maybe you've never met him and just felt like making some random judgment on teh internets.

[/ QUOTE ]

100%

Much more of man than,90% of the anonymous azzzholes who now chastise his brutal honesty.They only WISH they had the run Shannon had last year,as well as being able to come to a very humbling conclusion as to his future

No matter what path you choose Shannon going foward...you have proven yourself a success already,and waaay beyond a financial point of view alone.

You are all right in my book sir!

GL
Stephen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is SHannon SHorr like Taylor Caby? Who else posts under their real name besides coincided, suburban frat boys?

[/ QUOTE ]

yo

[/ QUOTE ]

double yo
Old 11-14-2007, 07:40 PM

cliffsnotes: guy ran good for a year, found out he's not as good as he thought, gives a lot of bad advice
Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cliffsnotes: guy ran good for a year, found out he's not as good as he thought, gives a lot of bad advice

[/ QUOTE ]

heh no, but [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the irony here
Old 11-14-2007, 07:48 PM

there's so much variance in tournament poker it's sick. Obviously my opinion means nothing in this matter, but shannon is clearly a bright individual who could learn cash games to nut a nice monthly income fairly easily. GL.