Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 AM

Default Feds Train Clergy to \"Quell Dissent\" During Martial Law

Link

I've never seen this site before. I'm guessing that some people consider it to be a bunch of conspiracy theory nuts. There is, though, a link and video to a story from KSLA news 12. I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on this.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Feds Train Clergy to \"Quell Dissent\" During Martial Law

as far as "offically training" goes, I doubt it goes that far, but Christian teaching about respecting and obeying the civil authorities has been used for centuries by theocratic elements to persuade folks to turn a blind eye to the abuses of government.

The article mentions this, and I draw special note to it as a fan of Dietrich Bonhoffer - this was the argument used by the German Lutheran church to excuse a lot of the behavior of the nazis - that and supersessionism which made them mostly indifferent to the plight of their Jewish citizens as Hitler began rounding them up.

I know James Dobson was part of a group of clergy meeting with GWB to discuss Iran - but I don't know how something that big could go on without more whistleblowers - I mean, how many pastors could they possibly train for this and make them useful before the secret got out -

rb
Old 08-17-2007, 03:29 AM

The whole point of religion is so that governments can control people's behavior. How many politicians describe themselves as athiests?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole point of religion is so that governments can control people's behavior. How many politicians describe themselves as athiests?

[/ QUOTE ]

only a politican would have such a viewpoint -

rb
Old 08-17-2007, 07:15 AM

U.S. citizens have lost more rights since 9/11/01 than one would consider believable in the 70s, no matter what the circumstances.

They are testing the waters in N.Y. City, where you can no longer take pictures and have to subject your bags to a random search on subways, to see just how far they can go.

The thought that there would ever come a time where our own armed forces would be directed towards their own people was at one time incomprehensible.

With Hillary and Obama being a huge underdog to getting into the white house v. "any republican" you can look forward to seeing more of the same.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With Hillary and Obama being a huge underdog to getting into the white house v. "any republican" you can look forward to seeing more of the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in the world do you get this from?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:16 AM

Make sure you watch the video and get totally [censored] out of your mind when you see how happy these newspeople are to deliver this news..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BtWhs8qlg
Old 08-17-2007, 10:01 AM

well not only is there training for future events, but it is confirmed that this program was used in new orleans where police confiscated homeowners firearms, even in areas that were relatively totally unaffected.

So the main story is not that pastors are being trained, because it has already happened in new orleans, but rather that this program is now a national program to be used all across the country. Think about that.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in the world do you get this from?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my opinion. I don't see the citizens going from being so conservatively anal to electing Bush twice and allowing the patriot act and imprisioning people without due process to being liberal enough to elect a woman or black into the white house.

Furthermore, once the primaries are over, the press (owned by big business) will begin to make the democratic electee look more and more like a bad choice.

Big business and the rich reaped major victories with Bush over the last 8 years and they will pull out all the stops to keep the train on the tracks.

The republican nominee will go the white house with 52.5% of the popular vote. Save the link to this thread and you can rub it in my face after the election.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Big business and the rich reaped major victories with Bush over the last 8 years and they will pull out all the stops to keep the train on the tracks.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of big businesses who will reap tens of billions from democratic social spending programs.