Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Small Pot on turn

Villian is fish 43/11/.6

Stove tells me I have about 25% equity vs. the top 11% of hands. However, my experience is that this will be AA/TT or Ax most of the time, but that does not change my equity much. Anyway, I suppose a c/c is in order, one more c/c if I catch a pair, and b/3b if I hit my straight...

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 10-01-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Small Pot on turn

definite c/c imo. you'll see TT/55/22/AA a good amount. bet the river if you improve - he'll call with AJ+ and you can 3-bet the times he donkchecked the flop.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:56 AM

i bet turnh, and fire river only if i improve to pair or str8
Old 10-02-2007, 09:04 PM

c/f &gt; b/f &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; c/c
Old 10-02-2007, 11:17 PM

"i bet turn"

YOU ARE THE REASON THEY DO THIS
Old 10-03-2007, 12:03 AM

Seems like an easy c/c. Say he has TT. We hit on the river about 1/5. After he bets the pot is 3.25. 2BB IO (conservatively). So we make 5.25 18.18% of the time. And lose 1 the rest. EV = 1.77BB. This will be the same for the rest of his big hands. When he has AK our IO are less but we have more outs. So it off sets more or less.

Betting doesn't work because villain isn't folding. He either has the nuts or big A/PP, and it isn't for value.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:06 AM

"EV = 1.77BB"
factors of ten are deceptive. this call is close and is only good if you c/f the river even if you make a pair, i think.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"EV = 1.77BB"
factors of ten are deceptive. this call is close and is only good if you c/f the river even if you make a pair, i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought there was something wrong with that too. One to many "-". Anyway it's .14BB, which is obviously a lot closer. I'd still c/c though. I doubt this guy bets the weak side of his range twice so you can fold if you pair up. In fact he'll probably just check some of that stuff through and we'll never have to think about it.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/f &gt; b/f &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

wow really??

we have 8 outs here min. like 100% of the time. Getting 3.25-1 and tons of implied odds. I think people are giving way too narrow a range here. This is AK AQ etc a lot. A lot more combos of Ax than sets etc.
We have 14 outs here a lot and should def be calling.
vs unknowns i think default should be c/c turn and bet river if we improve.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"EV = 1.77BB"

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought there was something wrong with that too. One to many "-". Anyway it's .14BB, which is obviously a lot closer. I'd still c/c though. I doubt this guy bets the weak side of his range twice so you can fold if you pair up. In fact he'll probably just check some of that stuff through and we'll never have to think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

leader, what about b/f river if we pair? i think this might be ok. I think b/3b if we make a straight is also possibly the best line too. i guess it all depends on how much to discount Ax.