Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/1) (Spoilers?)

i think this guy is the new mccutter...nearly all of his posts are trying to defend live players from the "disgusting" online player

edges arent that big that playing Q2s is profitable.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He said he thinks the person he ended up betting with later on was in on it with the computer simulation guy to set him up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what, if I get Stephen Hawking to convince you that 2+2=5 and then fleece you for $10K, you're still a moran. Poker is his job.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:42 PM

Even though he didn't take insurance yet, why exactly does Hellmuth do it? It's very clearly a bad bet and we know Hellmuth's net worth is in the hundreds of millions, he's one of the best in the world and can easily rebuild, why is he concerned about losing 100k?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:47 PM

i had to stop watching cuz jamie gold was pissing me off too much.

good luck with being the best bluffer in the world..
Old 10-02-2007, 04:59 PM

Did anyone else notice Kaplan making a big deal out of Jamie Gold's comment in the AJ (Sammy) vs. 88 (Jamie) vs. 43s (Daniel) hand? Almost everyone at the table was speculating about what Sammy and Daniel might have when Daniel was considering calling the all in. After Gold had folded, he said something about not being able to say what his hand was. AJ and Gabe both seemed to find this hilarious. Since everyone was talking about what people might have, they apparently couldn't understand why Gold would say that. Certainly someone who has been around the game as long as Kaplan should no that you NEVER say anything about what cards you held while the hand is still in progress. Gold knows what he had. Everything he says about someone else's hand is an educated guess and purely speculative. I just found it humorous because it came across like Kaplan believed guessing someone else's cards is just as taboo as discussing your own two cards. Not quite.

For what it's worth, I do believe the speculating that takes place during hands has gotten completely out of control. People need to shut the [censored] up about what the players might have during the hand. Period.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edges arent that big that playing Q2s is profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean to tell me that you've never been in that situation. where gold screwed up was that he didn't raise the flop. on top of that opening his mouth asking farha what is kicker was ... wow.. another awful blunder. did he really think sammy was going to slow down. sammy's stuck 200+. there's no way that gold wasn't seeing a bet on the turn. if you have any experience at all you know that the smooth call on the flop was a mistake. your best play there is to raise. otherwise you're left with a fold or all in on the turn. jamie knew that... he chose to fold.

keeping his mouth shut was his best chance of getting a check out of sammy on the turn. otherwise he should have been betting.

there are great players online. yet it seems that preflop holdings are the major discussion amongst the masses of online players.. that's my point.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:11 PM

Heres something funny to think about....what players out of last eps. lineup would have folded Daniel's hand in same position etc.

I say Hellmuth and Gold. I think Baxter, Eli, would end up calling and Farha and Safai would be in the pot immediately.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel for Jennifer, that could have been me: never ever playing a hand, finally you get your money in good and lose anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then she folded half-way through the next hand she played, got up from the table and ran away. Could be that she had to take a piss, but I thought I could see her start to cry.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel for Jennifer, that could have been me: never ever playing a hand, finally you get your money in good and lose anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then she folded half-way through the next hand she played, got up from the table and ran away. Could be that she had to take a piss, but I thought I could see her start to cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

She looked more pissed off at her recent luck to me. She definitely left in a hurry.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it definitely looked like she wanted to walk the tilt off in a hurry. Is it an example of emotional swings due to hormones she's taking that Barry is talking about in his review of her?