Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Watches With Doodads

My tenth anniversary is coming up in a couple of months. Mrs. Treesong has long expressed a desire for a balla women's watch, which she describes as having doodads -- we both now wear Tag Heuers; mine has a stopwatch and the three face dials, whereas hers (being smaller) has simply one analog dial. I now turn to EDF as the arbiter of all things stylish, and ask for the collective recommendation for an anniversary present. Given Mrs. T's occasional propensity to lose things, I'd rather not go superrobusto on this one, and stick with balla instead (say, south of $10K). Best suggestion wins a set of four matching El Diablo coffee mugs from a local restaurant here that carries same.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Watches With Doodads

I've always been a fan of Omegas. How about something like these? If you go to their site you can adjust the faces and the bands and the colors.

Edited to add: The top is the Ladies' DeVille co-axial Chronograph and the bottom is the Ladies' Speedmaster.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:24 AM

beat me to the ladies speedmaster. No prize for me I guess.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:36 AM

chicks dig corum and cartier.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:55 AM

Some Zeniths (they come in different colors, but I only show a few of each):

Old 07-24-2007, 03:04 AM

Old 07-24-2007, 03:26 AM

I'll advise you to avoid the omega's because of the unpredictability of their resale value.
I will also admit that I know jack **** about ladies watches, but keep in mind that the to have actual doodads that count as doodads in the market you're eyeing 10k is pushing the southern boundary.
Keeping within the coveted ten or so will assist you come time to offload one. Blancpain is wonderful, every watch they make is round faced and classic. Patek is always the way to go, as I've said before, unless of course a restriction of the type you've mentoined is in effect.
I don't know, I'm so unaware of the women's market, and am really just giving companies I know are top quality.

Patek Phillippe (obviously number 1 in every concievable catagory)
Blancpain
Jaeger le Coultre
Minerva (now defunct)
A. Lange and Sohne (German but still top notch)
There are others, but the watch world is a one which functions on guile.

just please don't asssist any company who openly sells anything with the insignia ETA or Valjoux, it means you have a peice of relative feces covered in precious metals and stones. The essence of a fine watch is the unbelievable amount of care and human toil put into it's design and construction, not how many diamonds one can fit in conspicuous locations to show the diminuitive proprtions of the penis.

Cam
Old 07-25-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll advise you to avoid the omega's because of the unpredictability of their resale value.
I will also admit that I know jack **** about ladies watches, but keep in mind that the to have actual doodads that count as doodads in the market you're eyeing 10k is pushing the southern boundary.
Keeping within the coveted ten or so will assist you come time to offload one. Blancpain is wonderful, every watch they make is round faced and classic. Patek is always the way to go, as I've said before, unless of course a restriction of the type you've mentoined is in effect.
I don't know, I'm so unaware of the women's market, and am really just giving companies I know are top quality.

Patek Phillippe (obviously number 1 in every concievable catagory)
Blancpain
Jaeger le Coultre
Minerva (now defunct)
A. Lange and Sohne (German but still top notch)
There are others, but the watch world is a one which functions on guile.

just please don't asssist any company who openly sells anything with the insignia ETA or Valjoux, it means you have a peice of relative feces covered in precious metals and stones. The essence of a fine watch is the unbelievable amount of care and human toil put into it's design and construction, not how many diamonds one can fit in conspicuous locations to show the diminuitive proprtions of the penis.

Cam

[/ QUOTE ]

The blancpain is the early leader. I'll shop for a bit and let you guys know who made the first suggestion of the one I get. Thanks for the effort!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:11 AM

not a traditional 'women's' watch as they don't come with very small faces, but a panerai with a short, brightly-colored strap would be perfect here. one of the 40mm luminor models would probably work well; maybe a chrono or power reserve if she gets excited about having extra dials on the face.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:28 AM

My favorite women's watch is a plain Cartier tank. Not a lot of doo-dads but something she could still fall in love with and in your range.