Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 10:18 PM

Default LAG ball for Beni - K7s in MP2

Relatively loose 1/2 game; noone has stood out over the first few rotations. I have been card dead and have only played about 1 hand in the past two rotations.

My favorite UPS man suggested I need to start playing some hands like this when he did my last session review.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 9BB
Old 08-21-2006, 10:20 PM

Default Re: LAG ball for Beni - K7s in MP2

This is a little early for me to want to play this. I'll take it from the CO.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:29 PM

Dude, I said play some of those, I didn't say play them like that. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

It's kind of like flopping quads. They don't know you flopped quads, so you bet. Here they don't know you have K7, you have made it appear to be stronger, try to keep it looking that way. Now if you meet some aggression, you are good enough to let it go when you are drawing too thin, remember?

That's a terrible flop, especially with the cold callers, but I think I would c-bet the flop and see what happens.

The turn, hmmm. I'm thinking raise or fold here. If you are worried about the diamonds then it's a clear fold. If you think SB is trying to pick up the pot, then raise to protect your hand. I think I'd raise this turn, and if SB calls, I value bet the river. If he 3 bets, your looking at 4.5:1 with 4 outs so you gotta muck it.

river, good.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:32 PM

I presume your only question is about preflop, even though you showed us the whole hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Relatively loose 1/2 game;

[/ QUOTE ]

Folded to in MP2, given this read, I don't see how you can think you're either raising for value or stealing.

As for the rest, I'm prolly firing on the flop to continue my attempt-o-steal, if I'm pfr'ing this in the first place. The turn and river are just kind of meh, imo. (I do have to ask, tho, if your bet on the river was to get rid of CO, why not just raise the turn when you still had outs to improve?)
Old 08-21-2006, 10:56 PM

Fold preflop.

I cbet flop but I think it's close.

I'm raise/folding the turn. Realistically I can't see a worse hand ever 3betting and you're drawing nearly dead against basically everything. But single diamonds and maybe some crappy Ax/pair hands call, and I don't think the turn bet means your beat given that the flop checked through.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:46 AM

Yeah ok so I'm still sucking at this...

Sounds like PFR w/ this should be CO or later in most cases.

Given the multiple callers I planned on letting this go on the flop unless I hit it pretty hard. I will usually CB OOP into one opponent and in position into 2 opponents but notusually into 3 - is this to passive?

I was surprised when it checked through and I figure the turn donk (and subsequent calls) could easily be a flush draw so I just called. As I did, I was vaguely thinking "that mighta shoulda been a raise"

When he stopped on thr river I figured it was value bet time.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:40 AM

a little early for playing that, but now that you did, i'd bet the flop and hopefully not get checkraised on the turn.