Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Brag or Beat: Just bought a 2007 Yaris

I applaud you for being financially independent and responsible as a high schooler, but it doesn't change the fact that the car has GAY written all over it.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to take the car back. I still like the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no car to take back, you never bought a car. just stop posting and all will be well again.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:27 AM

we need a poll on the over/under of OP being gay...and im being completely serious. not that being gay is wrong or anything but any guy who would get this car i honestly would never say hes 100% straight.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:33 AM

bluefox has the best comments in this thread.

I think that the fact that you "negotiated" this deal but didn't even know how many months were your payments were says all that needs to be said. At first I thought people were being too hard on you, saying it was a gimmick account, but now it seems pretty probable.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:15 AM

LOL at all the people in this thread thinking that OP is real. New poster, starts a ridiculous thread just begging for replies/flames, Loc: is "high school".

KKF or whoever started this and the goofy relationship threads that pop up 3-4X/week does a brilliant job of trolling some of you and preying on your instinct to show how much you know or how superior you are to the OP.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
got this a few months ago, paid it all myself. around ~15k w/insurance, warranties, etc. audi a4, 1.8t, 4wd, 53k miles, 1999. gets good mileage, was a lease in cali so its only spent one winter in the northeast. no problems w/it yet

btw, im 19 and in college, if that makes much difference? also my first car

[/ QUOTE ]

For one, the car in the pictures isn't the car you bought.

Also, I got a 99 A4 Quattro 2.8 w/ sports suspension and winter package in summer of 2003 with 44k miles on it for $15,300 after taxes. I'm not sure you did too much better than OP.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at all the people in this thread thinking that OP is real. New poster, starts a ridiculous thread just begging for replies/flames, Loc: is "high school".

KKF or whoever started this and the goofy relationship threads that pop up 3-4X/week does a brilliant job of trolling some of you and preying on your instinct to show how much you know or how superior you are to the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

However, if OP is actually not a gimmick accnt - hahahahaha. I mean ~18k for a 12k whip that looks like a jumbo smart car? And all these Europe references? I lived in Spain for two years and the only reason this car sells so well over there is because it's small and easy to park. Trust me Spanish chicks, American chicks, No chicks are going to think this automotive abomination looks good. For your next purchase pull an yvesaint and buy a nice, quality used vehicle.

How good would it be if this story was real and the salesman happened to be a 2p2er.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:26 PM

so having never heard of a Yaris I decided to read the review over at edmunds only to find the words "Smooth as a sewing machine"

and to 1st and 15...please don't ever call a car like this a 'whip'

Just a tip for anybody else young and looking to buy a new car but doesn't feel 100% comfortable with haggling with a dealer for the best price, go the internet route. Research, request quotes, put the dealers against each other for your business. They won't even know how old you are until you walk in to sign the papers.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That thing is hideous.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-03-2007, 02:16 PM

Why the hell wouldn't I be real? Why would I make up a whole story about buying a car?? All real.