Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: So, what was it?
Incredible Comeback! 3 10.00%
Incredible Choke! 27 90.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: PPA reaches out to Gaming Industry for Fly-In support

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me know who is coming into town from here. Not sure if I'll be able to peel off during the day, but surely some of us can get together during one of the evenings for a few beverages.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ace Jones from rounders radio seems interested in doing some shows from the event and I'm pretty sure I can help organize some poker games. These leagues around here seem desperate for a semi-known name to feature.

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm lets not run any games during the get together please.
That would be a MAJOR PR fiasco should a bust occur. I wouldnt put it past the Gestappo to have someone snooping in here.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me know who is coming into town from here. Not sure if I'll be able to peel off during the day, but surely some of us can get together during one of the evenings for a few beverages.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ace Jones from rounders radio seems interested in doing some shows from the event and I'm pretty sure I can help organize some poker games. These leagues around here seem desperate for a semi-known name to feature.

D$D

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm lets not run any games during the get together please.
That would be a MAJOR PR fiasco should a bust occur. I wouldnt put it past the Gestappo to have someone snooping in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear any talk of games means ZERO buy-in MTT with sponsor type trash gifts, t-shirts, chip-sets, perhaps even a dinner certificate on the high-end. Whatever comfortably fits into the local laws without effort.

No cash side games.

D$D
Old 09-24-2007, 08:38 PM

I would suggest someone with connections invite the ultimate Capitol Hill Poker Player, Obama himself to join any game arainged. His love for the game is well known in Washington and even bragged about on his website.

obg
Old 09-24-2007, 08:49 PM

Id say stage for charity event with some named people. Let Al bring his bud Howard Stern down. Maybe a couple tour guys. Raymer and Jerry Wang. If you can get Obama to show would be a coup, but any incumbent Senator or House(House member with status). Rangel might show, he enjoys poker. Im not sure about Conyers. Guys with nothing to lose because they are elected for life. Im sure it could get on TV, even if Raymer is still suing WPT. If you got press coverage of this and we had a few hundred or more people in town................Id suggest picking up some hotel tabs or flights(not mine, Ill pay if i go)IF you can parlay it into press buzz. People I've asked would go if it was free. They still are hesitant about the PPA. Seeing them actually on tv and the news would do wonders.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Re: PPA Washington Fly-In October 22nd thru 24th

[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing wrong in being an affiliate. In fact, we have similar ads here. But I don't think you should be a PPA board member.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?
Old 09-29-2007, 12:31 AM

If you have not yet registered for the conference, you may wish to do to so now, so you can take advantage of the PPA-negotiated room rates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Northwest D.C. (the deadline for the room rate is October 5th).

Also, please be sure to fill out the regisration form at https://pokerplayersalliance.org/new...le.php?DID=270 .

Thanks and see you there!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So Tuff, we are supposed to show up, spend our money, lobby, and to convince people to listen to a board with very little player interest? Sorta like Gandalf going up in Isengard to discuss deep matters with Saruman and leaving us little hobbits out here on a barrel of tabac while our "betters" hammer out a deal that may or may not screw us. I think everyone WANTS to be on board in this, just we want some more information about the piloting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually yes, all major lobbying organizations do this. Having constituents fly into Washington to meet with their reps. for a major lobbying effort is a very powerful action.

The texture of the board or who they represent is hardly going to matter for the fly-in. Congrats on being quoted in gambling911 BTW, maybe you can join their "reporting" staff and harp on the PPA even more
Old 09-29-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Id say stage for charity event with some named people. Let Al bring his bud Howard Stern down. Maybe a couple tour guys. Raymer and Jerry Wang. If you can get Obama to show would be a coup, but any incumbent Senator or House(House member with status). Rangel might show, he enjoys poker. Im not sure about Conyers. Guys with nothing to lose because they are elected for life. Im sure it could get on TV, even if Raymer is still suing WPT. If you got press coverage of this and we had a few hundred or more people in town................Id suggest picking up some hotel tabs or flights(not mine, Ill pay if i go)IF you can parlay it into press buzz. People I've asked would go if it was free. They still are hesitant about the PPA. Seeing them actually on tv and the news would do wonders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Howard Lederer, Andy Bloch and Barry Greenstein are confirmed to come. Others have been invited and will be confirmed soon.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Howard Lederer, Andy Bloch and Barry Greenstein are confirmed to come. Others have been invited and will be confirmed soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is great, good luck on the event, I wish I could be there.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:34 PM

Default UIGEA Reg. Workshop?

[ QUOTE ]

This is great, good luck on the event, I wish I could be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone given any thought to a workshop during the conference to discuss proposed rule strategy?

While including conference call hook up during a workshop is always a mess, I'd love to have the input of a number of people who might not be currently planning on attending the fly-in.

D$D<--full of dumb ideas