Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Old 09-04-2007, 12:26 AM

Default 2+2 Ask the PPA

"I know this is going to hurt, I just don't know whom yet.."

This is what I say to myself playing AK(s) in a multi-way pot pre-flop.

I mentioned in a previous post that I might be meeting with John Pappas. Well we have scheduled a day later this week.

I am a member of this forum with little standing. I think I understand some of the issues this forum has with the past actions of the PPA. I have my own issues with the past actions of the PPA. I do however have a lot more confidence in the new direction John Pappas has outlined to me.

No I am not sure I would want any job that required dealing with some of you on a regular basis, even a paid one, I don't think a non-profit could afford what anyone might demand to do this on a regular basis! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

But as a member of this forum I will take whatever questions you all put together and promise that John at least gets them. Of course I can not promise what might happen after he gets them......

I will hope to sumarize them and post the list for the group aproval in a couple of days. I will attempt to update my profile here to add my poker e-mail address so any may feel free to send any questions they as members may want to ask and may not for whatever reason feel like asking openly.

I do not hold myself out as "the one and only true spokesman" for 2+2 (or even close to it!). I just think this is a good time for these past issues to be addressed. As I have posted in the past, I have my own issues with lost opportunities of the PPA. I also have some ideas of how it might operate better in the future.

The reason for the meeting is I have some experience in the area of grassroots politics and I have offered to volunteer some time to help in whatever manner the PPA deems nessecary.

D$D
Old 09-04-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: 2+2 Ask the PPA

Ask him what, if any role, the PPA intends to take in litigation over online poker, including the iMEGA case, the Carruthers/Kaplan case and the case in the State of Washington challenging its ban on online gambling. Does the PPA have any plans to iniate litigation against the UIGEA and its regulations if and when it is appropriate?
Will the PPA lobby Congress about complying with the WTO decision on online gambling?
These are more important issues than any current bill in Congress concerning online gambling.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:19 AM

Why are they not aggressively trying to minimize the pending regulations. This really pisses me off and makes me want to withdraw my membership.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a member of this forum with little standing. I think I understand some of the issues this forum has with the past actions of the PPA. I have my own issues with the past actions of the PPA. I do however have a lot more confidence in the new direction John Pappas has outlined to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of problems with this. You're an individual, not a representative of Two Plus Two. If you meet with Papas or any other representative of the PPA you are speaking only on your own and not as any sort of representative of Two Plus Two.

The PPA knows how to contact me and I have had private conversations with a representative of theirs. If Papas wants to contact me he's welcome to do so. If he wants to come on this forum and hold a discussion, he's also welcome to do so. But you only speak for yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
But as a member of this forum I will take whatever questions you all put together and promise that John at least gets them. Of course I can not promise what might happen after he gets them......

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that no one on this forum sends you a question. Again, if Papas wants to come on here and have a discussion, that's a different matter. I and Mat Sklansky, along with our moderators, will make sure that the response he gets will be professional in nature.

[ QUOTE ]
I will hope to sumarize them and post the list for the group aproval in a couple of days. I will attempt to update my profile here to add my poker e-mail address so any may feel free to send any questions they as members may want to ask and may not for whatever reason feel like asking openly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you are not needed to do this. Plus it would be far better if Papas or some other official representative of the PPA came here and answered questions directly.

[ QUOTE ]
I do not hold myself out as "the one and only true spokesman" for 2+2 (or even close to it!).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to make this very clear. You are not a representative of Two Plus Two Publishing LLC or www.twoplustwo.com, and do not represent us in any way. Only I or my designates have that authority, and you are not in that category.

Mason Malmuth
Old 09-04-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope that no one on this forum sends you a question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feverishly trying to delete
Old 09-04-2007, 02:52 AM

I don't believe he's trying to represent 2p2 publishing. Just noting that he's going to be meeting with the PPA boss, and is happy to take a list of questions from legislation forum members here.

Am I wrong? I don't get the vibe that he's trying to carry the flag of "the business" or the owners of 2p2. Just simply giving people who post in this particular subforum a chance to get questions in since he has access this week to a live meeting w/ John P.

To the O.P. :

My question (really a request). Communicate with your members like Engineer does here. Some type of "weekly action" to get folks moving is a great idea.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Just to make this very clear. You are not a representative of Two Plus Two Publishing LLC or www.twoplustwo.com, and do not represent us in any way. Only I or my designates have that authority, and you are not in that category.

Mason Malmuth

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully understand, and I thought I made it clear that both as only a member of this forum and only a member of the PPA, but NOT an offical of either I was making the offer.

If it's a bad idea then it's a bad idea. I think 2+2 has a lot to offer the PPA and the PPA 2+2.

Personally I feel and will express my personal opinion that the PPA needs to have an offical desiginated to "offically" communicate to the major poker forums.

I'm pretty sure I do not want any part of that effort given that I can't even seem to express a simple offer of attempting to offer a way to UNOFFICALLY improve communications between the two......

D$D
Old 09-04-2007, 03:45 AM

PPA should have a representative on the forums to give regular updates, or better yet have a forum of their own for these questions. Ask them why they don't.

There should be regular dialogue and communication. The lack of this is the big problem with the PPA. There are alot of very smart and creative people in poker to draw ideas from, and not to do that is a shame.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PPA should have a representative on the forums to give regular updates, or better yet have a forum of their own for these questions. Ask them why they don't.

There should be regular dialogue and communication. The lack of this is the big problem with the PPA. There are alot of very smart and creative people in poker to draw ideas from, and not to do that is a shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my top 3 <u>PERSONAL</u> questions!

D$D
Old 09-04-2007, 09:53 AM

D$D- If your intentions are good, don’t get deterred, we need more active people on board. (I guess I am more trusting than a lot of people.)

My personal, individual (as only a member of this forum) question would be:

How will you communicate with your members better about what is going on with your organization and poker legislation?