Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: AP Numbers (Week of Oct. 21st - 28th)

ad hominem much?

Besides did anyone really think AP's business would be hurt by this? They are going to get away with it, which is the worst part of all.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Josem:

[ QUOTE ]
Mason - in previous posts he has said that he no longer works for that major internet poker room.

Further, the statistics that he provided are clearly of interest to many people in BBV as a result of recent issues. There also appears to be no obvious bias in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The above post coming from this particular poster is totally inappropriate given this person's long history with the other Internet poker room. Posts like this, if we don't flag them, can give AP legitimate grounds to complain about how we may be running our forums.

If a similar post would have come from someone with a neutral background, I would have no objection to it. But it's important to all sides in the AP issue that these forums are seen to be run in a professional and unbiased manner. Thus my comment.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mason,
Would you like me start each of my posts with a summary of what I am up to, who I am dating, etc.? Because I could probably do that if it would prevent you from dropping the hammer on me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2007, 01:16 AM

Wait.

So if Katie Couric (CBS Evening News) went on Larry King Live and reported that ABC's viewership was down after a scandal, CNN would threaten to never let her appear on their station again?

Nice one Mason.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait.

So if Katie Couric (CBS Evening News) went on Larry King Live and reported that ABC's viewership was down after a scandal, CNN would threaten to never let her appear on their station again?

Nice one Mason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if Katie didn't disclose who she was working for and pretended she didn't have a professional bias. You gave a bad analogy.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait.

Nice one Mason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if Katie didn't disclose who she was working for and pretended she didn't have a professional bias. You gave a bad analogy.

[/ QUOTE ]

HE DOESN'T WORK FOR XXXXXXXX, READ THE POSTS.

my analogy is wrong only because couric would need to not even work for CBS anymore. meaning it's even more ridiculous.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:50 AM

I would like for you to stay out of this topic. It's inappropriate, in my opinion,for someone with your background and history to be involved here.

I'm also locking this thread since I believe that all it will do is damage the situation.

MM
Closed Thread