Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

[ QUOTE ]
Potdripper.. lol great reporting bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Imagine it was in a Japanese emag!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 AM

That's BLUFF europe. The same name, but a different entity and different people running it.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:14 AM

I have a request to the 2p2 community. I can't seem to find out much about this...

But does anyone know anything about the registrant "Domain Discreet"? Here's what I do know:

1. They are a secretive domain registration service
2. They operate a similar business to places like domainsbyproxy
3. They're based out of Canada
4. They register domain names in the following fashion:

Domain Discreet
ATTN: [name of website they're registering]
P.O. Box 278
Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
CA

5. The website domaindiscreet.com is registered to Register.com. Not just with register.com, but TO register.com. At least, that's what it looks like.

I can't seem to even find a webpage for Domain Discreet. The reason I ask is because one of the email addresses for the guys on the Costa Rican IP is for a webpage registered to Domain Discreet.

So my question is, exactly what is known about Domain Discreet? Is it a HUGE deal to contact them, presumably offline, to register a domain? If not, then it isn't a big deal. If it's much more difficult to use Domain Discreet than any other registration service (most have websites I think...), then this might be another clue that this is some group that is attempting to hide its activities.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:15 AM

I think these complete HHs show that the guy did know how to play poker fairly well. He was just too stupid to lay low and make a few cheap "mistakes".
When he overbets the flop when someone else actually has the better hand, although it was a small pair, it shows some knowledge of the game.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a request to the 2p2 community. I can't seem to find out much about this...

But does anyone know anything about the registrant "Domain Discreet"? Here's what I do know:

Domain Discreet
P.O. Box 278
Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
CA

5. The website domaindiscreet.com is registered to Register.com. Not just with register.com, but TO register.com. At least, that's what it looks like.

I can't seem to even find a webpage for Domain Discreet. The reason I ask is because one of the email addresses for the guys on the Costa Rican IP is for a webpage registered to Domain Discreet.

So my question is, exactly what is known about Domain Discreet? Is it a HUGE deal to contact them, presumably offline, to register a domain? If not, then it isn't a big deal. If it's much more difficult to use Domain Discreet than any other registration service (most have websites I think...), then this might be another clue that this is some group that is attempting to hide its activities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who.is info

Just browsing around the web...
Old 10-16-2007, 12:30 AM

perhaps register.com uses "domain discreet" as a catch all for private domains?

there are tons of google results for domain discreet, most resulting in phishing, spamming or otherwise bad things.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:32 AM

Wow, I just found something else that I think is huge. This whole thing could run reallllly deep.

Okay, so, the email of the 2nd guy (ie, NOT user 363) is at the domain "rivieraltd.com" -- that is the domain registered with Domain Discreet.

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but I pinged rivieraltd.com to get the IP at which it is hosted (going to the website doesn't show anything except the email login). The IP address is 66.212.244.147.

I then ran a traceroute on 66.212.244.147 to see where it is hosted. That IP address traces back to "po12.dr4.kdca.mohawk.ca" ... which is obviously connected to Kahnawake.

Simple explanation for those who don't understand:

The guy who was on the same IP as the user 363 had his email set to an email that is hosted by Kahnawake Gaming Commission.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Domain Discreet
P.O. Box 278
Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
CA

[/ QUOTE ]

Who.is info

Just browsing around the web...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite obviously what N8's already been able to uncover.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:34 AM

SUBFIRST!

holy further dramabombs Nat.

If this wasn't so serious it's such a prime candidate for a farce about a really really bad criminal operation.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:35 AM

AP's thorough investigation would have uncovered all this LDO.
Closed Thread