Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

[ QUOTE ]
man - do you guys who think this will dry up the games have any idea who you are playing against?

your money comes from sick gamblers. sick gamblers have to gamble - they don't care about it being fair. they know BJ is rigged and yet they pour billions into it. "recreational players" don't feed the poker economy, addicts do. addicts can't quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% correct. It is better to have this get the publicity it deserves to help ensure that the LONG TERM future of online poker is trustworthy. Any short term effect on fish will be just that - short term and forgotten.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This thread REALLY needs to be renamed - something like 'new more damning absolute evidence' would be way better.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT, good thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

done
Old 10-15-2007, 02:00 PM

I think it needs to be changed to something clearer, like "The thread formerly known as lol super accountz".. The "new" in the title is misleading, imo.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alobar-

The goal isn't to put Abso out of business, it is to compensate aggrieved players and to work to have better security at the site. While I appreciate your concern for me playing at Abso, I play there because it would be wrong to let all those suckers keep there money. I have little faith in people like you or "the poker community" to gt my money back so the only thing i can do is to grind it back

[/ QUOTE ]

So why not grind it back at a different site where you know they have better security and arent run by liars?

part of the problem is absolute knows it doesnt have to compensate aggrieved players or improve their security, because they have no incentive to do so, because it doesnt matter because everyone will still play there. If anything they have incentive NOT to do so because doing so actually costs them money and reputation, not doing so costs them nothing.

If I went to a grocery store and got ripped off by the cashier and management basically told me they looked into it and there was no wrong doing even tho there was proof there was. I would stop going to that grocery store. I guess you've decided that even with the possibility of getting ripped off its still more profitable to play there, but IMO making that decision means you lose all right to bitch about getting ripped off.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it needs to be changed to something clearer, like "The thread formerly known as lol super accountz".. The "new" in the title is misleading, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think with the 800 responses people can figure it out
Old 10-15-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah that would be clearer. thanks for the chuckle.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The goal absolutely should be to put them out of business or hugely damage them.

There needs to be consequences for something like this to ENSURE other sites don't allow it. THAT is the reason this should be discussed, passed around, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way one caveat here on my statement. I still see a chance that absolute could do the right thing here.

The most likely explanation here is that this was an inside job by an employee with high level technical access to the software/technology and left himself access to a god mode account. It seems HIGHLY unlikely that 'absolute poker' would be in on this in any way corporately.

It also seems very plausible that ABS looked into the accounts and just saw what appeared to be super dumb luck from bad play. It seems obvious to those of us that are expert poker players that something was extremely fishy, but that evidence is pretty hard to move on.

It's very possible 2p2 illuminating the account 363 stuff is new information to absolute as well. It will be interesting to see if there is a new response from absolute, particularly if account 363 is a backdoor, or if there are other backdoor accounts that were used to cheat in other tourneys/ring games.

Absolute could make it 'right' in that case, by coming clean with details about this, reimbursing individuals that were stolen from, and detailing mechanisms to prevent this in the future. If not, then this information should be shouted to the world.

This whole deal is just unreal.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man - do you guys who think this will dry up the games have any idea who you are playing against?

your money comes from sick gamblers. sick gamblers have to gamble - they don't care about it being fair. they know BJ is rigged and yet they pour billions into it. "recreational players" don't feed the poker economy, addicts do. addicts can't quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a difference between being a slight dog and having absolutely no chance of coming out a winner.

my point was simply that online poker should stay off the media's radar entirely - any news on it will be bad news.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:20 PM

P5s has the PXF handplayer for potripper, if someone else can link it i dont know how i suck, but it unreal
Old 10-15-2007, 02:23 PM

fix your link
Closed Thread