Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

As far as the inclusion of the Seif story I think that it's definitely a helpful addition that compounds the rest of the massive evidence against the cheats. It pretty much is just one more piece thrown into the junkyard of clues/evidence that already exists to help confirm what is already known. I do think it's worth metnioning but also see what teddy is saying, he just doesn't want to risk having the main focus of the case shift towards that story, since it doesn't have the same conclusive evidence that the rest does.

The thing that kind of humors me is the fact that the cheats read 2p2 and are keeping up with these threads obviously (as shown from that night Double logged on and started dumping). I'm guessing they aren't realy concerned much about being in any legal trouble (?) or having the money they stole be taken back... but they have to be feeling pretty stupid and humbled to find out how traceable all their actions were as i'm sure they NEVER imagined their IP's, emails, names, and all of this would be discovered.

I'm wondering why they don't just go ahead and post in these threads the true story if theres no legal implications or chance they'll lose the money they cashed out (if it got cashed out?).

I figure the idea of someone being able to cheat an online poker site out of so much money and get away with it would be hard to keep a secret and that once they were in the clear/safe they would just anonymously post about it from some other computer and different ip.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:32 AM

I sent absolute an email last night, and I just got this response:

Dear Mr. ODwyer,

Thank you for your email and please let us apologize for the delay in our response; even though we always try to answer all the emails that we receive as soon as possible, sometimes it could take a little bit longer to answer them depending on the amount of inquiries that we receive.

Allow us to kindly inform you that we have done an extensive research into the claims that have been brought to our attention. While we are continuing to do a thorough and exhaustive investigation, we have yet to find any evidence of wrong doing.

When you are logged in and playing your game client only receives data regarding your hole cards. As a result, it is impossible for a player to have information regarding any other player's hole cards. There are no "superuser" accounts that enable players to see other players' hole cards.

Despite our confidence in the security of our systems, we researched hands involving accounts that were mentioned in the online forum posts over the weekend and did not find any incidence of cheating by the accounts in question. Results mentioned in the forums were over a small sample of hands, and we have researched these hands as well as numerous other hands involving these players and have found that the pattern of play of the players did not lend credibility to the claim that the players knew the cards of other players at the table. Certainly there were hands that were played poorly, from a poker strategy perspective, and where these players received a fortunate result. However, a longer term review has shown that similar playing strategies have not resulted in the same results as these players achieved in the small sample of hands mentioned in the online discussion.

Furthermore, the play of the players in question did not substantiate claims that they were involved in chip dumping, or any other improper activity.

We take these matters very seriously, and stand by the results of our random number generator and game client security. Because of the seriousness of these allegations, we have not closed the investigation and are continuing to look very closely into this matter.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We are here for you!

Sincerely,

Pamela
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"To Continue to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.Com

We’re Here To Stay! All Players Welcome!

Come and join the action this weekend with our 150k guaranteed on Saturday and 60k on Sunday! With more and bigger guaranteed tournaments, Absolute Poker is your place to play. See you at the tables whenever, wherever!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:37 AM

^^^ [censored] ridiculous
Old 10-15-2007, 03:54 AM

.xls sifters,

versions of Excel as recent as 2000 would stick name, initials, and company information into new .xls files. they used the information filled in at install time. this may explain why a sysadmin's info pops up -- he was the one who installed Office on the computer where that spreadsheet was created.

i'm not sure if anyone has said this, but the very existence of the .xls file in question means that Absolute Poker has software that knows all the hole cards at a table. if that software exists, someone can run it.

i disagree that it would be difficult to communicate a whole table's worth of holecard data to a remote machine. something like VNC or a remote view of the raw log file would suffice.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fkn <3 Nat

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2007, 04:08 AM

Dear Absolute Poker,

We just want to clarify our position on your position.

Suckah suckah dick y'all.

Sincerely,
BBV
Old 10-15-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this chit pisses me off... makes me wonder about when i 3 tabled vs mizrachi h/u... he played like a maniac ... ill have to go back and look at hands

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's just a maniac, wouldn't worry too much.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-15-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some people have said that AP traffic has not been affected so far. I think it has at the higher limits, but based on the amount of players in general, AP will probably survive, albeit with less profit, and the others will probably do even better.

[/ QUOTE ]

They keep growing, it's nuts. I just logged on a second ago and it's the most traffic i've seen in awhile. Bear in mind I haven't logged on in a couple months, but still.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't have AP on my computer, how much of this volume is like micro or small stakes though? do big games run often, and are the high buyin tourneys still growing in entries? bc obv the alleged cheaters are only going to be after big $.

[/ QUOTE ]

traffic @ 5/10+ is more or the same as it was pre-scandal. why i still play there:
Old 10-15-2007, 05:09 AM

Awesome work...
Old 10-15-2007, 05:59 AM

DUUUDDDEE

Thanks to josem for this, dunno if anyone else has read it but it just makes so much sense!!!

[ QUOTE ]
This revelation [the existance of the HH file] is important because it proves that a file is generated by Absolute Poker that records the hole cards of all players in one place. It is likely that this file is then being read in real-time by the cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hacking into the servers and getting access to this file/ the data input for this file (computer illiterate, if that makes no sense I'm sorry!) makes soooooo much more sense than some super-user account, no? Looks like a whopping great big hole in the security if this file has less encryption than the hole-cards being sent to each individual computer.

As I say I'm no computer whizz but I read what josem wrote on the absolutepokercheats blog and this seemed to make so much sense.
Closed Thread