Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

I just posted the initial IP related post about user 363 on AP's forum, with a link to pick up the thread from there. Let's see how long they will keep it posted or if they will even respond to it!

http://forum.absolutepoker.com/index...t=0#entry75883
Old 10-14-2007, 08:21 PM

I always thought there was a 2nd account relaying info to the person and said so in the past because the superuser wasn't multitabling with all this info. It takes time if someone is relaying info to you. Now being user #363 and having an IP in Costa Rica definitely suggests this is an inside job (isn't support for some of these sites in Costa Rica). It's scary but I think that something like this probably has been happening for sometime ie user #100 is probably a lot smarter about cheating.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And do you? I mean it can means a lot of things.
What I meant was:
(2) Posting derogatory messages about sensitive subjects on newsgroups and chat rooms to bait users into responding.

[/ QUOTE ]
How is what Nat is doing trolling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said "you or absolute" and I said "to look like". And of coruse I said it largely himorious, but also what's the point in having emigrated rapetist to sign an excel (that most probably is generated so it shouldn't have any signing?)
Old 10-14-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One idea that someone had was to target people specifically using Absolute Poker.

One possibility is advertising on search engines on results related to Absolute Poker. I looked into this, and generated a list of key words that related to absolutepoker.com (don't have the list handy, but I'm sure I can find it/recreate it)

Obviously this would cost money, so I'm not sure how this would work.

[/ QUOTE ]

A big concern I think is the way peoples minds work, specifically how recreational gamblers minds work, I think most won't be able to separate "CHEATING AT ABSOLUTE" and "CHEATING AT ONLINE POKER."

The guys we know and love on there are always looking for reasons why they lose that can't be blamed on themselves, and a well known case of proven blatant online cheating would just hurt everybody I think.

Second hand information will jumble it further,

Jimmy: Dude I won like $500 on Pokerstars this weekend I am sooo sick at poker.

Billy: Duuude didn't you hear? There's guys on there that read peoples hole cards on there and cheated like mad money, it was all over the internet.

Not to say this situation shouldn't be dealt with harshly, Abso needs to pay, just IMO I don't know how it would be done without sending ripples through the industry that would start tipping other ships. This whole thing is [censored] I dunno.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chance elsewhere: Practically insignificant

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because:

a) there is no evidence that anything like this has ever occurred elsewhere
b) there is no evidence to suggest it is likely elsewhere
c) Absolute Poker - as this thread demonstrates - are quite genuinely idiotic
d) Larger sites are more likely to be able to afford the costs of increased security
e) Sites such as PokerStars and Party are in less shady regulatory environments than AP in Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
i think Josem probably was taking a shot at APs security. but also the fact that AP has less higher stakes traffic helped for this to come out.

it would be exponentially more difficult to catch someone on Stars, if it ever happened, since they can take money from so many more people before arousing suspsicion. they might never get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

No - this is wrong.

People caught this at AP because they noticed odd play.

People playing at PS (and elsewhere) would similarly notice odd play if it was taking place there.

Guys just a thought if potripper and ID 363 weren't the same guy then it would take some time and effort for ID 363 to tell potripper eight hands over AIM or even over the phone. It makes a lot more sense for potripper to be sitting there with two computers. Oh and LOL at AP not knowing about something done by the #363 user I'm sure all accounts that old were for employees/ maybe alpha testers or something. Plus look how easy he was to find from just one spreadsheet someone at the company must know what is going on.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm posting what I'm finding. Also, adanthar just did some more research into this name and found a system administrator in El Salvador by the same name. So it could be him as well.

But we know who made the file.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't understand, isn't this excel generated from the server? Why it has names at all of any admin or client machine?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chance elsewhere: Practically insignificant

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because:

a) there is no evidence that anything like this has ever occurred elsewhere
b) there is no evidence to suggest it is likely elsewhere
c) Absolute Poker - as this thread demonstrates - are quite genuinely idiotic
d) Larger sites are more likely to be able to afford the costs of increased security
e) Sites such as PokerStars and Party are in less shady regulatory environments than AP in Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
i think Josem probably was taking a shot at APs security. but also the fact that AP has less higher stakes traffic helped for this to come out.

it would be exponentially more difficult to catch someone on Stars, if it ever happened, since they can take money from so many more people before arousing suspsicion. they might never get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

No - this is wrong.

People caught this at AP because they noticed odd play.

People playing at PS (and elsewhere) would similarly notice odd play if it was taking place there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they noticed it because the cheating was outrageous ie Calling with T high and being correct. If most had this kind of info they wouldn't be so blatant with it and it would be hard to notice
Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 PM

Watching this thread is like watching the show "Criminal Minds" where the FBI has someone at the home office sitting at a computer with the ability to get any information they want in just a few seconds! Only this is more exciting because it is real!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And do you? I mean it can means a lot of things.
What I meant was:
(2) Posting derogatory messages about sensitive subjects on newsgroups and chat rooms to bait users into responding.

[/ QUOTE ]
How is what Nat is doing trolling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said "you or absolute" and I said "to look like". And of coruse I said it largely himorious, but also what's the point in having emigrated rapetist to sign an excel (that most probably is generated so it shouldn't have any signing?)

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know for sure that it's generated. He could be cutting and pasting from a web interface (that is what Stars does with their internal reports when I get them emailed to me).

Also, the name is clear in the file when you open it up in a NEX editor. It's there. Whether it's the guy that popped up first with a matching middle initial (accused rapist) or the guy who's a sys admin in El Salvador (makes a lot more sense, although we don't know his middle initial), it's EXTREMELY likely that a guy by this name made the file or was involved somehow.

And that info has relevance here. So I don't think I'm trolling.
Closed Thread