Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Decent Online News Article

Since it seems like no one saw this
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12278636
Old 09-29-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so its important for you to put up a website about this but not report it to the authorities?

[/ QUOTE ]

stop being a moron. no australian authorities have any relevant jurisdiction here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you play on Absolute Poker, you had to know that this poker play takes place on the basis of the Kahnawake Gaming Regulations. Part XXII (sec. 198 ff.) of this regulations matter complaints and dispute resolution. Sec. 201 says:

[ QUOTE ]
Any person who is not satisfied with the manner in which his or her complaint has been addressed by an Authorised Client Provider, or who prefers to make his or her complaint directly to the Commission, may submit the complaint to the Commission or have the matter addressed and resolved through the Kahnawake Communal Arbitration Procedure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Further sec. describe the procedure in more detail.

I believe, this is the right way to clear up this case and maybe to get money back. Every other attempt is nonsense. There may be a lot of reasons to doubt whether this way brings something. But not to try it and to convey the supposition on a website, Absolute is cheating, is also not he right way. Such a measure seems justified only when no duly or decent procedure will take place and one can prove this. Also is absolutely nonsense to initiate any kind of prosecution against Absolute (your consideration is correct insofar). There are no proofs that Absolute is a culprit. There are only proofs which allow to suppose that with very high likelyhood somebody has cheated anyhow on Absolute. Perhaps it was not a super-admin account, but done by telephone conversation instead. And up to now nobody made out the truth who the possible swindlers were and whether they stand in any connection with Absolute. The reason why I became very suspicious is why Absolute allowed that one player had obviously several accounts (and some other points). Also this problem must be clarified.

This case is interesting not only for the high stakes players on Absolute. It is interesting for all Absolute players and also the players who play poker only on other Kahnawake sides. It is interesting not only for US players. This case is interesting for all players, no matter whether from the US, Australia, Europe or from any other continent in this world. Please undertake everything, so that this case is clarified in a orderly procedure according to the Kahnawake Gaming Regulations and also please try to motivate the other affected players for a coordinated action according to this regulations. It would be a terribly outcome if this case is not clarified finally and one would have to concede in the end that the formal points of view which would have been necessary to the clarification were not taken into consideration.

One final word. I feel not much sympathy for the high stakes players who complained vehemently about this case in this forum, but do now nothing to clarify this case and continue to play on Absolute, as if nothing had happened.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you play on Absolute Poker, you had to know that this poker play takes place on the basis of the Kahnawake Gaming Regulations.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't we establish like a week ago that the Kahnawake Gaming Commission is basically a joke?
Old 09-29-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so its important for you to put up a website about this but not report it to the authorities?

what a shill.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, you troll serious issues just as badly as you troll NVG!
Old 09-29-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since you play on Absolute Poker, you had to know that this poker play takes place on the basis of the Kahnawake Gaming Regulations.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't we establish like a week ago that the Kahnawake Gaming Commission is basically a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]
I said: "There may be a lot of reasons to doubt whether this way brings something."

If the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and the Kahnawake Gaming Regulations are really a joke than playing online-poker at any Kahnawake Pokersite is a joke, too. At least from my point of view. I see this extraordinary case as an important test case which could furnish additional insights. And if you read the regulations and understand that no other law is applicable than you must concede that this is the only way that could produce reasonable results. Or do you really want me to believe that online-poker is an event without any control and hosted in a legal vacuum like in old wild "Wild West" times?
Old 09-29-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't we establish like a four years ago that the Kahnawake Gaming Commission is basically a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sersiously - the fact that KGC is a joke is stickied in the Zoo FAQ.

Anyone who is arguing that the KGC should be attempted is demonstrating their ignorance of the KGC. There is seriously no response to any such claims apart from asking that they google KGC and see what others say about it.

To me, advocating use of the KGC is a self-evident way of proving you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:05 AM

the only way absolute will ever be held accountable for this and for whatever other fraud has been committed is if the right palms are greased in whatever jurisdiction they're incorporated/located in.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been contacted by a user who claims to have been diddled in Omaha at Absolute.

I assume I'm going to have buckley's chance of reading O8 limit HHs - Is there someone who is able to check through them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this was a no go?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Latest cliffsnotes on Absolute soulreading.

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an explanation of one of the screenshots that should be accessible to people not familiar with PokerTracker stats.

Player: Doubledrag

The above image is a screenshot from the online poker tracking tool, PokerTracker.

The Game Level column shows that these statistics are from no limit texas holdem, where the big blind was $30, and some hands where the big blind was $20. While it isn't clearly visible here, these hands were from 6-max games - where there were a limit of six players per table.

The Vol. Put $ In The Pot (VPIP) is a statistic that shows a percentage of how many times a player voluntarily put money into the pot (ie, how often they bet with their hand). By way of comparison, the top players have a VPIP of around 20%-25% or so in these games. Anything above 30% is considered to be very loose. Anything above 40% is considered to be maniacal. Anthing above 90% is crazy.

Normally, a player who bets 90% of their hands goes bust very quickly, since their hands are on average much weaker than their opponents' hands.

The next important statistic is the BB/100 hands. This shows the number of big blinds the player wins on average every 100 hands. In this example, over the 201 hands, they won on average 482.99 big blinds every 100 hands. By way of comparison, the very best players in the world might be able to win around 8-10BB/100.

The next important statistic is the "River AF." This is a calculation of how aggressive a player is on the river - it is the number of times the player bets or raises, divided by the number of times the player calls. The higher the number, the more aggressive they are. By way of comparison, my "River AF" when I play is 1.9.

On the last round of betting, when all the cards are dealt, one hand is always going to be better than the other player's (sometimes they are tied and are the same, but this is irrelevant here). The players who are cheating always managed to make the right decision at the end. If the opponent's hand was worse, the cheaters would bet or raise - and this is what causes the "River AF" to be so high. If the cheaters' hand was worse, the cheaters would either fold, or sometimes make a big bluff.

Not once did the cheaters call - because if you know what your opponents' cards are, you would never need to call. The 'River AF' for the $30 NL game is not infinite because there will have been times when the cheater's opponent bet all-in with a worse hand, and the cheater can only call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre retarded enough to draw conclusions that hes cheating from a 200 hand database?
Old 09-30-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Latest cliffsnotes on Absolute soulreading.

Exactly how many suspect hands do we have anyways? Looks like from the first summary posts there's a database of about 500 suspicious hands. However, did they play a lot more than that? I've been following this for a while, and I still can't figure out how many hands of evidence there is.