Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 01-18-2007, 12:43 PM

Default 34s: Flopped straight with difficult turn decision. Also, AQ hand...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($17.30)
UTG ($21.15)
MP ($27.10)
Hero ($56.60)
Button ($14.65)
SB ($25.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.75</font>, MP calls $0.75, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls $2.75.

Turn: ($8.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

River: ($13.85) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Final Pot: $21.85

The turn basically made me think my hand was ruined. What's my play after he bets? I tend to become passive when i think i've been outdrawn. Any thing i can do to fix this? It's hard to keep betting into these guys that are like 40/1/.5 when i know they'll continuously call. I've been value betting my butt off and trying to pick better spots to cbet (in position, on dry flops and when mostly HU or maybe threeway).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($13.90)
SB ($19.55)
BB ($19.50)
Hero ($66.45)
MP ($26.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, SB folds, BB calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2.5</font>, Hero ?

What made me think he hit the flush was he paused for awhile on this flop call. Then when the turn came off he was first to act and took forever to bet. Then his bet size was just like he was begging for it to be called. I hate making lay downs and i have trouble folding so i was completely unsure of what to do here.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: 34s: Flopped straight with difficult turn decision. Also, AQ hand.

I don't think it's a good idea to c-bet this flop. It's not exactly dry, and it puts you into this tough spot on the turn. Check behind on the flop, and then it won't cost you much to call the turn and river.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: 34s: Flopped straight with difficult turn decision. Also, AQ hand...

The first hand does suck, this seems to be happening to me a alot lately, so I am curious to see other answers.

Normally, I don't bet the 1 card idiot end of the straight, but if he called that flop bet with a 9 in his hand, it better be 99 or maybe A9. Flop actions seems like two pair or a set to call a bet and a reraise. If not, make a note. I think I make the turn $8 total. This could be a move by him, and he would have to be worried about the 9 if you reraised here. If reraised big, or he donks the river for a very sizable bet, I probably fold.

Check behind on the river if he calls.

good luck

mitch
Old 01-18-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: 34s: Flopped straight with difficult turn decision. Also, AQ hand...

I try to avoid playing these low suited cards. #1 How many times are you going to get your flush? Not many but then when you do, you'll be on the bottom end of it and someone who bets hard against you could have the top end or trips...you don't know. #2. How many times are you going to hit your straight? Usually to hit your straight you have to draw and if an A is on the board someone will play back at you. What if the board is A2X5 on turn? What if they are playing A6o? #3. In the times that you don't make your flush or straight, any pairs you make are crap.

In hand 2 you will have to fight on the river if you call the turn so you should re-raise the turn that way you'll have a better idea of what his hand is and you won't be out any more money than if you called and bet the river.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:03 PM

Hand 1 is totally standard

Hand 2 is meh, you don't need to c-bet every time you raise pf, but I probably would too. After the c-bet is called and the tiny lead on the turn I think you can easily fold this and wait for a better spot. If he has the flush you're drawing dead, if he's got AK or two pr you're drawing to 3 outs. I could find a fold here after that turn.