Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Recommend me a coach please..

Hi.

I am in the market for a decent coach and would like a recommendation for somebody to suit my style and budget.

I am currently playing $100NL with a $3.5k online BR (Recently had a decent MTT score which I was planning on just banking but some can be added if required). As I have only really played as a hobby I have cashed out my roll numerous times but face the prospect of a year or so of training in my day job on barely enough to cover living costs so I am definately in need of playing bigger and improving.

I play around 20/17/5 and am considered very TAG (PFAFc.~7, FAFc.~8) but its a style that seems to suit me. Over the last 60k hands or so I have beat this game at c.10ptbb/100 but obviously due to life money issues never really moved up. I am also still in no doubt that there are some massive gaps in my game at this level.

I worked with a coach on here before who charged me $50 an hour who got my fundamentals pretty good, but he doesn't appear to be around anymore. What I am looking for is somebody in the region of $50-$75 an hour who ideally plays upto $3/6-$5/10 with a track record of happy students to help me improve further. Coaching style I would prefer live over phone/skype and then some HH analysis afterwards. What I am looking for is to initially reach and beat the mid-stakes for a decent amount with the intention of eventually moving up and becoming as good as I can be.

Hopefully there is somebody out there who can help me and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Recommend me a coach please..

[ QUOTE ]
$50-$75 an hour who ideally plays upto $3/6-$5/10

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to set your expectations more reasonably. Any really good (aka worth having) coach at those stakes will be charging much more. Either you gotta give on how good a coach you want or what you are willing to pay.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:44 PM

I don't know, I was coached about 6-8 months ago and he didn't charge a whole lot. I think I payed $300 and he reviewed 90+ hands and we had 2 hours of discussion. I think it was a very good value. Don't know if he charges more now or not but it was well worth it IMO.

edited to remove name of coach cuz don't know if that's kosher.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$50-$75 an hour who ideally plays upto $3/6-$5/10

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to set your expectations more reasonably. Any really good (aka worth having) coach at those stakes will be charging much more. Either you gotta give on how good a coach you want or what you are willing to pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

So would you recommend someone who plays a little lower at <$75 or so an hour or stretch for someone who plays higher? (Given my roll, skil level etc)
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 AM

I think you would have better luck posing a question like this in one of the monthly threads in the strategy forums.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:46 AM

Thats ok I've found someone already [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]