Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Vegas Trip Report - Bellagio/Caesar\'s/Venetian

The night before Vegas, I decided to play a lot of poker online. I pretty much lost every single sitngo I entered and donked off money in every cash game I played. KaBlaaaaaaaam! $1,300 down the drain! Okay, now that I have that out of my system, let's go to Vegas!

I started off playing the $550 event on Thursday at Caesar's Palace. I hung in there for a while, but lost a flip at a crucial time and busted in 75th-ish place - 45 places paid. Whoops! I then proceeded to donk off $300 playing craps! Whoopsy!

Talk about starting off in a hole! Luckily, I was able to turn things around. Here are three of my poker highlights.

1. My quad 2's vs. a full house for approx a $1k pot at the Bellagio 15/30 LHE game.
2. My straight flush vs. a smaller flush and a full house for a $1.1k pot at the Bellagio 15/30 LHE game
3. My quad 10's vs. a flush and full house for a $1.2k pot at the Venetian 2/5 NLHE game.

I lost a little bit overall with craps and won a few hundred overall at blackjack. Including Poker, Craps, and Blackjack - I finished up almost $3k after expenses. Was a pretty good trip!

General thoughts...

2/5 NLHE at VENETIAN

- The 2/5 NLHE game at the Venetian was reasonably soft. I was up around $700 at one point in my session, but gave a lot of it back. I ended up $200+ for that 5-ish hour session.

- The 15/30 LHE game at the Bellagio was so super-soft I can't even put it into words. There was a nice mix of locals and tourists. I cannot believe how BAD many of the Bellagio regulars are. The thing is that they think they are so good! My buddy and I just tore that game up big time. I wish we could have played it more. We tried to play during peak times when the money is the easiest which is generally from 8pm to 6am.

I played two of those sessions and killed it. The first session I profited $1,400 while the second session was a little better profiting $1,900. It was just a sick run. I got good cards and played good. A deadly combination.

We treated ourselves to the Bellagio buffet after one of our big sessions. I had filet mignon, sushi, shrimp, smoked trout, and some other sides. It was very good. We also at at PF Changs too. That was my first time going there and it was very good as well. I enjoyed it very much, especially considering we usually eat out there on the cheap.

I've been back for four days and still don't have a desire to play online. I'm sure that will change in a few days. I did bite the bullet and bought the kids a Schwinn Stealth 1000 battery-powered scooter with my new funny money for $350! It is such a joy to see Ally's face accompanied by a mischievous giggle while she's cruising 17 mph down the street!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report - Bellagio/Caesar\'s/Venetian

I wonder what the odds are that you have 2 quads and a straight flush in one trip.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what the odds are that you have 2 quads and a straight flush in one trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

not great, i presume.
one straight flush and quads four times in seven years........but i run bad.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Co-sign. OP was probably mesmerized on how bad he "runs" online that he had to cover it up with some imaginary B&M stories.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:35 AM

I've hit quads once in the last 500 hours of play. But I've been at tables where one player hit a straight flush twice and got paid a HHJ twice in 3 hours. I'm a victim of statistics. OP is a beneficiary. Sure makes a person wanna run over to Bellagio and sit in the 15/30 game, though, doesn't he?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:56 AM

Live - I've hit quds 2x and a str8 flush once. This is over the course of 10+years.

Online - 2 royals, a few other str8 flushes, quads more times than I can remember in 2 years.

BTW - Congrats on running well when you needed it and for hooking the kid(s) up.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:54 AM

PokerHatesMe - look me up in Sharkscope on Full Tilt or Pokerstars you idiot. Bring it!

You pick date/time. Heads up for rolz? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 11:02 AM

I played in the 15/30 at LV last summer and I can confirm that it is very soft.

The play was really screwy. People were open limping AJ/AQo in MP but then suddenly raising 84o from the CO when folded to them. Missed value bets on the river were the order of the day, but bad bluffs abounded. This comment from a regular was a gem:

4-5 limpers to the BB and he checks his option. On the showdown he shows AA and takes down the pot and then says "I was thinking about raising preflop but with so many limpers there just isn't any value". Lol.

Another gem from a regular:

loose/passive/weird guy opens in MP. He's the one that didn't open AK before, so I cold call w/KJs (probably not a good play, but I figured I was less likely to be dominated). Lag asian woman calls in the BB. Flop is K-K-2. Azn checks, MP bets, I raise, Azn raises, MP calls, I 4-bet, Azn caps, both call. Turn is a blank, Azn bets, we both call. River is a 3, Azn bets, MP calls, I call, Azn shows K3. I table my KJ. She goes: "you should have raised the turn cause I would have folded". Lol. So you were capping the flop for info then?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:20 AM

I once had 5 straight flushes in one week online and every time the other guy had the nut flush and I stacked him. Now what are the odds of that?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:32 AM

You guys are making me feel lucky with 1 straight flush and 4 quads (1 in a satellite tournament) in the past 3 years. The pots weren't that great though. My straight flush won a $75 pot in 1/3 NL and my quad queens won a $35 pot in 5-200 spread.