Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 02:56 PM

Default 25NL: AA facing all in on flop

Completely unknown villian, no reads, no stats, only 2nd hand at the table. Maybe checking the flop is wrong, but it looks dry and i imagine the best chance of getting another bet out of the villian is to check to him. As you will see my check raise gets replied to with an all in, should I have folded here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($24.75)
BB ($34.90)
UTG ($24.65)
MP ($23.65)
CO ($24.40)
Button ($35.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.

Flop: ($2.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $34.35</font>, Hero calls $20.50 (All-In).

Turn: ($49.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($49.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $60.60
Old 08-25-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: 25NL: AA facing all in on flop

cant fold after you take this line

lead the flop
Old 08-25-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I am on a sick, sick downswing with AA, and at the moment I am tired of being stacked with an overpair. You say that he cant fold after taking this line. Why? Because it's a bluff? Why can't he fold with only $4 invested?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I am on a sick, sick downswing with AA, and at the moment I am tired of being stacked with an overpair. You say that he cant fold after taking this line. Why? Because it's a bluff? Why can't he fold with only $4 invested?

[/ QUOTE ]

get that "invested" talk out of your vocabulary.

Essentially Hero's line looks like total BS so villain can/should be shoving a huge range here.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Essentially Hero's line looks like total BS so villain can/should be shoving a huge range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

will do. I just hate AA at the moment. what percentage of the time do you think unknown villain does this with a smaller pp or air?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:18 PM

you cant call the shove...you took a very aggressive line and he took a more aggresive one. foooooollldddd..

bet flop for value...if he folds...he folds.

and if you are going to c/r...at least make it 4-5.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:26 PM

Ithink if he has the seven of 4s full, he is gonna stack u no matter what.
I do agree on betting the flop, but if he raises, I am not folding. If I check raise the flop, and get 4b, I am not folding. His range is huge, flat call a raise from the button, he basically could have any pocket pair, 56s, or simply ace high, and he is feeling u are bluffing.
By no means I will fold rockets here.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:32 PM

How can you fold? People will do this with 9s and [censored] all the time. What can he possibly have to beat you?

I would never fold this in a million years
Old 08-25-2007, 05:38 PM

I am personally leading the flop here. In your situation i am insta calling. If he called my raise with a 87s or somthing similar - so be it. I agree that a lot of people will make this move with 9's, 10's, j's,
AK, etc.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

will do. I just hate AA at the moment. what percentage of the time do you think unknown villain does this with a smaller pp or air?

[/ QUOTE ]

hero's line looks completely fos, so it's reasonable for villain to turn a pp into a bluff. the only reason to c/r here is to induce a bluff b/c it looks like air.