Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: I have 2 stars accounts and want to fix it

Have you thought about getting a rechargable visa card? You shouldn't have to worry about confirmation of account and you can have it in your ex-gf name. Just charge it up and withdraw funds from a regular ATM. When it's done just cut up the card. That way you can have the $ out of her PS account and you don't need a bank account to do it. If you want to keep a balance online for your account just transfer a smaller amount like 1K or 2K over the course of a couple days or a week.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you thought about getting a rechargable visa card? You shouldn't have to worry about confirmation of account and you can have it in your ex-gf name. Just charge it up and withdraw funds from a regular ATM. When it's done just cut up the card. That way you can have the $ out of her PS account and you don't need a bank account to do it. If you want to keep a balance online for your account just transfer a smaller amount like 1K or 2K over the course of a couple days or a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

This works in the US?

I haven't really kept up with deposit/withdrawl methods, I've just been doing Netller/ePassporte/paper checks in her name.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:17 AM

Yes, it should work fine. That is if you are still getting her mail at your address. If she's forwarded it then she will get the card and not have a clue what to do with it since you have all the info.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:19 AM

I'm confused.
You were doing neteller/epass/checks in her name while you were still together, right?

"I have to wait another year and a half or so before I can open a checking account."

Have you tried some online credit-fixing forum at all?
There seem to be some pretty knowledgeable guys wh ofrequent those things.
Or those guys in the commercials who say they can fix your credit?
Probably a big scam but what the hey.

This seems like a really huge penalty for a seemingly minor and honest mistake.
I still refuse to believe there isn't SOME way that you could fix this.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused.
You were doing neteller/epass/checks in her name while you were still together, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. We were basically sharing her bank account. I would cash out money to it from the poker sites as well as getting my work paycheck direct deposited there then withdraw everything above and beyond the stuff that went to bills as cash. We weren't quite to the point of totally sharing a bank account.

I haven't really looked at any of the credit fixing stuff. I know most of it is a scam and, honestly, when I had my ex's account to use it wasn't a huge deal. But I'm probably going to look into that stuff next. Luckily this all came at a good time for me as I have enough cash to last a long time. Also, my dad has the same name as me, so I have a way of getting checks cashed if I can get them.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:44 AM

well, given that you had that financial arrangement I think the obvious solution is to just suck it up and try to work with her on this situation.

Send an e-mail or leave a message that you are sorry to have to contact her but you may need her to send in her name/financial stuff for your money.
Obviously she knows what you guys were doing before.

Exception to this is if you think she's psycho enough to try to snag all the money for herself and that sending her such a notice would just be a rminder that she currently has the power to contact Stars and try to steal all of the money that you have which is in her name.

but if you think you guys are just on bad terms but you trust that she wouldn't do something like this than I think you just need to take the uncomfortable route and contact her about it and see if she will cooperate.

Semi-similar situation with my ex-wife.
We got lazy on making the divorce official even though we were living in seperate states and considered ourselves divorced.
A house she bought while we were still technically married was somehow in my name also and she had to have me sign a paper so that she could sell it. So she contacted me about it and we handled it like grown-ups (which may have actually been a first for our failed relationship).

My parents got divorced but still had financial ties that they needed to communicate with each other about occasionally. No biggie.

These things happen.

So if there's any way that you can just handle this via your ex I think you need to pursue that route no matter how uncomfortable it might seem.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:54 AM

Bob,

Thanks for the advice. I would be happy to handle this like an adult and work things out. She, on the other hand, doesn't seem to want to be so adult. Basically I can't get in touch with her. I'm still trying and obv that is the best solution, but at some point I need to have an exit strategy here because it's been about 3 weeks of her not returning my calls/emails and this isn't really even the most important thing that I've been trying to get in touch with her about.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:26 PM

i'm confused with how hard we are making this...

i know for a fact that since both accounts played from the same IP address and were in TWO DIFFERENT names you can xfer all the money you want, 100k if necessary, and they CANT say a thing. They dont honestly know that she didnt xfer the money to you... thats not all that unfeasible since you were living together (hence same IP), couples may xfer money back and forth it happens. PS actually cant do anything about this std xfer of money unless your ex says it was done without her consent in which case PS will consider the money hers and you are screwed... PS wont flag this as a devious xfer unless both accounts are in the same name or you chip dump from one to the other

either way your gf giving you $8k is none of PS's business, and thats the only way they can view it

p.s. if your gf was smart (and evil [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]) she would change the password and reged email and then the 8k would be her's (really already is i guess...). hopefully she doesnt see this before you can xfer it all...