Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Re: STT bankroll management

meh, i guess you can look at it that way, i wouldn't though.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but i was saying ie: 10 x 6.50s(65$) is what stallowned is playing, if he moves up, he can play 6x11$'s which is 66$, get the chance to move up, yet not have the feeling he is out of his roll etc, and also less tables does imo at least slightly improve your play, so possibly another bonus of moving up this way

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically what you're saying is that he could start playing 1 60 at a time and be practicing even better bsnkroll management than he currently is, right?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

that makes around 15 "buy ins" so around 7.5% of my BR.

[/ QUOTE ]
change this figure to ROI. is that 15 BI profit or return. also how many games have you played and what are your intentions with your new found awesome ROI. (which if it is 15 BI return per 10 BIs that is a 50% ROI)
if you are playing for fun 30-50 BIs but you need to move down when you move below 30-50 BIs for that level.
if you are playing pro dont yet. get a job immediately. but if you did go pro 100-200 BIs is ideal. obviously the more BIs the merrier. 1000 game downswings are not unusual same with upswings. another reason why the number of games you have played is so important.
as for the playing multiple tables you should stick to what feels comfortable. as many tables with maintaining the ROI to make it more profitable.
example: 4 tables at a 50% ROI will be exactly as profitable as 8 tables at a 25% ROI. so if you can play 6 tables with a 35% ROI or 8 tables with an 35% ROI that would be maximizing your win rate per hour.
percentage of your bankroll is not important as the total amount in action since they are each individual tables. 50 BIs is still 50 BIs. even if you have 10 open.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:47 AM

I'm a moderate winner at small stakes, and either 18-table sets, or 12-14-table continuously.

For me, 30-40 buyins is plenty. However, I am very aware of where my bankroll is at all times, and if I'm losing, I drop down.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:57 AM

You BR should be largely independent of the tables you play.

Obviously as you add tables, your ROI will drop and thus you should have a larger roll. But, it's not a huge effect.

I wouldn't think of it in terms of % of your roll in play. It really doesn't mean anything. 12 tables sngs, is the same as 1-tabling 12 sngs in a row (assuming your ROI is the same). So, you bankroll would be the same for 1 or 12 tabling.

Change stakes, you need to change your bankroll requirements to reflect that. Not simply the number of tables you play. If you move up, droping tables will not reduce your risk of ruin.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You BR should be largely independent of the tables you play.

Obviously as you add tables, your ROI will drop and thus you should have a larger roll. But, it's not a huge effect.

I wouldn't think of it in terms of % of your roll in play. It really doesn't mean anything. 12 tables sngs, is the same as 1-tabling 12 sngs in a row (assuming your ROI is the same). So, you bankroll would be the same for 1 or 12 tabling.

Change stakes, you need to change your bankroll requirements to reflect that. Not simply the number of tables you play. If you move up, droping tables will not reduce your risk of ruin.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks devin, thats what i meant to say, i just suck at communicating
Old 11-28-2007, 04:32 AM

Everything Devin said is correct. The only reasons you should be concerned about multitabling having a significant percentage of your bankroll in play are for internet or power outages. Don't play on a poor connection, during storms, or just before the onset of storms and these become negligible concerns.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:08 PM

Or just live where they don't have storms...

... and if you play above 27s, you probably want backup internet anyway.