Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters

[ QUOTE ]
just call pre after getting 3bet, lead out on flop and shove vs a raise,turn i c/c because ace is v good card for him to bluff turn with and he is obv very aggro,river i think i like a weak donk lead to make ur hand look weak hand ur trying to just block with idk maybe check-shove is better but the thing is i dont think hes anymore unlikely to bluff when u weak lead as opposed to when u check and also u get him to just call with his weak hands that he mighta just check behind on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i generally dont like to quote without adding anything, but i think this advice is perfect, especially with regards to the river. Make whatever you would consider to be a blocking bet that appears to have FE for villain. If you think this will be too transparent then I kinda like adanthars idea of a tank-shove... although I agree with others that this villian is the type to enjoy pushing people off of hands rather than attempting hero calls.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:13 PM

you should either look dejected and check river or tank and make a blocking bet (cant remember exact stack sizes but like 1/3 pot or less, giving him room for FE)
Old 10-07-2007, 12:17 AM

Yeah I think with the line we took it will be really hard to get paid off big here assuming he has some sort of hand reading ability. I'd think for a bit and throw out a blocking bet of like 2k-2500. I just don't think we can get his stack here very often and he's checking behind a whole lot.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:50 AM

i agree w/ EC and Eagles about the smallish "blocking bet". He may continue with the bluff and raise (all-in). If he has an A or K, you may get value from a call that you may have lost if you checked. I think that you're hand looks so weird that he may call this 2k-2500 bet with a wide range of hands and be shoving with just as wide a range
Old 10-07-2007, 06:10 AM

I think I check call river, but I think I prefer betting smaller on the turn to induce him to raise us off our flush draw more often.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:25 AM

Given the description of the villain, the river is a check.

A lot of the responses assume he has an A or K, I think it is very possible he might have something very junky or a smaller PP that will try and bluff the river. He could have very easily, been raising light, have floated the float, try and taken a stab at it on the turn and now on the river is going to have to give up the pot (his hand has no showdown value) or bluff.

If you bet 5K I think the minimum he will call you with is AQ. If he shoves after you make a medium sized bet, then that would be ideal, but I really think this is less likely unless he is a superlag tard
Old 10-07-2007, 07:20 AM

hey guys,

for those saying 'small bet to induce a shove', the pot has 8500-ish in it and we have about 8K behind.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I check call river, but I think I prefer betting smaller on the turn to induce him to raise us off our flush draw more often.

[/ QUOTE ]
Check call ??????????
Old 10-07-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weeeeeeeeee. Timex agrees with me.

Adanthar is right about blocking the river. I just don't think we can leave enough behind for him to shove us off what must be either a made hand or ... it's just looks like we're VT-ing a flush.

However, it may be more profitable than checking and I think it's virtually impossible to work out the frequencie with which he'll shove and that with which he'll call - which is why I want to give him the chance to make a move on the turn.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters?)

[ QUOTE ]

1. TerrorOfSweden. He is reraising or raising almost every single hand, NEVER folding to reraises once he has entered
the pot, and his vpip is prob over 90%. He is completely fearless, and prob doesn't care if he loses in the first
hour.

2. I should mention, I don't think I saw him 3b an utg raiser from EP yet, though I don't necessarily think that means
he's real strong here. Could be either strong or weak. Was hard to say at the time.

3. So by 50/100 the table probably thinks I'm either some donkey satellite winner who is terrified and is panicing, or think I am crazy.

I (12K) open A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] utg to 300, ToS (covers) makes it 850, folds back to me.

OK so I callled.

Pot 1800; 2-way

Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I lead for 1200 iirc, he flat calls .

Pot 4400;

Turn A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check-tank called 2200.

Pot 8800;

(we have about 8k behind)

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all depends on if his hands have showdown value or not. He's aggressive and fearless, his weak hand would push the river and strong hand would check behind/call here. To balance, I would normally bet 2K-2.5K. (I know pot vs stack is awkward, but given the table dynamic and blinds are 50/100, with 6K left, people still believe you can fold to a shove if you don't have flush.)

His hand also looks like nut flush draw and hit ace on the turn/flush on the river. So, he knows your range must be *exactly* A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to call a shove. Given this, bet 2K-2.5K at the river and expect him to call with good Ace and shove with garbage...

Edit: If check/raise isn't going to get called, bet 2k-2.5k makes more sense.