Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: good time for a big bluff? NL25

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I think you fold a lot of better hands. Like 23o. Maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that we fold a lot of better hands, it's that he doesn't tend to have much of a hand on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say this????? Villain has folded to ALL of OP's 3 bets prior to this hand and is now not only calling the 3 bet but firing on both the flop and the turn..

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I mis-took OP's talk of 'history'.. I mean, yeah a 3-bet pot is different than him bluff-raising a c-bet. I *did* say that I thought OP was just getting frustrated with villain raising his c-bets a couple times.. but if we KNOW he has crap when raising, we can shove.

If you check my first post (maybe my second?), I said this. I'm definitely not bet/3betting as a default against an aggro reg that has folded to 3-bets and has only raised me once.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet, and he raises (you know he raises with air, right? it feels like you're just frustrated after a few flop raises), shove over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for relevance.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So villain is capable of folding and has done so BUT now he calls...= he has a hand!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, he's just decided to enter a pot. if he had a hand, he would 4bet. good chance he's just looking to try to find a spot to steal this pot.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
given how unlikely it is that he'll fold on this flop ever, there's no point in betting this flop if i'm planning to give up if he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to bet this flop for metagame. If he floats you, and then you check on the turn and he fires a large-ish bet and you fold, he will remember that. Now when you 3-bet an over pair, just c-bet, then CRAI on the turn. Plus SOMETIMES he DOES fold to a flop bet. If this guy has a 0% fold to c-bet stat, then he is hugely exploitable anyways so no problem.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So villain is capable of folding and has done so BUT now he calls...= he has a hand!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, he's just decided to enter a pot. if he had a hand, he would 4bet. good chance he's just looking to try to find a spot to steal this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again why??? What is giving you this opinion with no history of villain making such a play???? It sounds like you are "creating" a image/situation for villain in order to justify a "fancy" play at a MICRO stakes game..

Villain not 4 betting does not mean he does not have a hand...In fact it could more easily be the opposite..You describe yourself as active and have 3 bet villain a couple of times..Villain could assume you are an aggro player who would C-bet the flop but is capable of laying down a hand should he 4 bet..This assumption is based on your reads in the OP..
Old 10-08-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Grunch

Your C/C flop line is complete spew. Would you C/C AA-QQ on a small flop? It makes your hand look very weak, and I doubt he is gunna fold mid pp's now. I really like raising more OOP, especially with big hands. Make it $4 PF and lead out for $6-$7. If he is always calling in 3bet pots and splashing around, you should make your 3bets and cbets bigger, and tighten up your 3betting range. Then take him to valuetown next time you pick up a big PP or hit the flop hard and he wants to play.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:33 PM

I dont agree. AK suited is a very strong starting hand but with the pre-flop raise on the button, I cant associate this with strength as in 6-max hold em the villain could have absolutely anything! He may have been raising with complete junk that has just hit two pair! He could definitely have a set and with these hand possibilkities hitting an ace or a king on the river may cost you even more. You have nothing and have no idea what villain has. Do you really want to call an $8 bet into a $12 pot? Be patient and have him later!!!